SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-08-09, 11:39 AM   #41
-Ralph-

Default Re: Bikers riding like tits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
tit. However, for those that do ride like tits all the time because they think it's big and clever then they are the real danger. And I guess that's what you were getting at Ralph
Exactly, and I think they are a minority of bikers, but as the Sussex study shows, they are making up the majority of accidents!

For a rider that is sensible most of the time, the only reasons chances of having an accident are higher than they are in a car is because there's less chance of being seen and we are more susceptible to poor road conditions on two wheels in the winter.

If we produced statistics that showed only these kind of true accidents, not rider error on a country road because the rider was being a tit, we wouldn't actually have that many more crashes than cars do.

The consequences in terms of injuries will always be worse, because we are not protected by a cage, but the changes of having the accident in the first place are not actually that much higher if you are riding sensibly.

I know some bikers in their sixties who have not have not had an accident in 20 years! They crashed like blazes when they were younger, the only thing that changed was the way they rode.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 20-08-09 at 11:41 AM.
Old 20-08-09, 11:41 AM   #42
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
If you can pay at the pump then why do you need cash huh...huh? Wierdo
call me nuts but sometimes when I spend money it isnt on petrol.
Old 20-08-09, 11:44 AM   #43
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
call me nuts but sometimes when I spend money it isnt on petrol.
You sir are one crrrraaaaaaaaaazy dude! Unless its on leathers or lids of course.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 11:46 AM   #44
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
You sir are one crrrraaaaaaaaaazy dude! Unless its on leathers or lids of course.
... and tyres.
Old 20-08-09, 11:46 AM   #45
-Ralph-

Quote:
I'd never wish death on anyone
And BTW, I wouldn't wish loss of a husband/wife/parent/child on anyone, and I wouldn't wish the witnessing or involvement of a fatal accident on anyone, but if a biker weaves through traffic at three figure speeds, or rides at 140mph down country roads, then I honestly wouldn't feel sorry for the rider at all if they killed themselves.
Old 20-08-09, 11:50 AM   #46
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
It's because of these tit's that we now see every popular biking road in Derbyshire and in Warwickshire now down to 50mph limit, along with quite a few in Shropshire.
Oh? Which? I live here and I don't know of any...
Old 20-08-09, 11:58 AM   #47
Owenski

nearly every road on the way up to skegness from the motorways after leaving the AR was a 50mph road. Get blitzed by a Rizla GSXR at god knows what but I was touching 80ish and he appeared in my mirrors on a long striaght then less than 5 seconds later I couldnt read his number plate he'd got that far ahead.
Old 20-08-09, 11:59 AM   #48
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
... and tyres.
And gloves..and boots... ah you know what i mean
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 12:48 PM   #49
hovis

Quote:
I've ridden like a tit before. Sh*t happens.
i pride myself on it
Old 20-08-09, 01:46 PM   #50
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Oh? Which? I live here and I don't know of any...
Basically a lot of the stretches from Brum up to you, so Kidderminster up to Shrewsbury, have had new speed limits put on.

Found this out when I rode up that way up to the Conwy fish and chips run a few weeks ago.

They have been more sensible than Warwickshire and Derbyshire, ie: they haven't just slapped 50 limits onto roads that were 60 beforehand and perfectly safe at that, there are still plenty of 60mph sections in between, but where you have stretches of minor roads joining, or houses, or twisties, it now drops to 40mph.

For instance the stretch from The Food Stop at Quatford, into Bridgenorth is now 40mph limit, probably 'cos it has so much bike traffic heading for the cafe, but it also does have some housing on the other side of the road from the river in places.