SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Where should the annual rideout 2005 be held?
Scotland - If so, where? 9 12.86%
Wales - If so, where? 18 25.71%
Northern England - If so, where? 6 8.57%
Southeastern England - If so, where? 22 31.43%
Southwestern England - If so, where? 7 10.00%
Elsewhere - If so, where? 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-05, 10:31 AM   #41
keithd

i voted south east

around the winchester area

we could do the a272 a few times

Old 13-01-05, 10:36 AM   #42
Cronos

Suprised the South East is getting so many votes, but I've no objections.

What would the plan be there then? Getting knees down whilst going round and round the roundabouts in Harlow?

Something to consider is the distance people are likely to travel. So if it's going to the the SE then we should probably make it Cambs direction then those travelling south don't have too far to travel.

Of course the other benefit is that jonboy and his mate Admin 2 can organise the whole thing!

Old 13-01-05, 10:39 AM   #43
Itching 2 go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos
blah blah

Of course the other benefit is that jonboy and his mate Admin 2 can organise the whole thing!

Old 13-01-05, 11:01 AM   #44
BillyC
Mega Poster

Haven't voted, but would be against Wales. From what I understand, if we have a ride out there, it's quite likely that the group will leave Wales with fewer bike licences than we arrive with!

South East is good for me... but would be happy with South West as well as I like the area... really just looking for somewhere with good clean and tidy roads, and warm!
Old 13-01-05, 12:11 PM   #45
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC
and warm!
That counts out the UK then. How about Spain
Old 13-01-05, 12:12 PM   #46
Mariner

We had a rideout in Wales in 2002 at the Ponderosa cafe, near Horsheshoe Pass! Never seen such a high Police turn out, camera vans down every straight bit of road, cars at every junction, and a road block at the A55 junction measuring plates and checking end cans! Not been back to Wales since, it was complete overkill! Oh forgot about the lecture for 10 minutes by an officer about the hazards of tinted visors, the irony was, it was bright sunshine and he was wearing sunglasses!

Old 13-01-05, 12:22 PM   #47
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
Oh forgot about the lecture for 10 minutes by an officer about the hazards of tinted visors, the irony was, it was bright sunshine and he was wearing sunglasses!
correct me if i'm wrong - tinted/dark visor illegal, sunglasses on under helmet legal??

Old 13-01-05, 12:23 PM   #48
BillyC
Mega Poster

Quote:
Oh forgot about the lecture for 10 minutes by an officer about the hazards of tinted visors, the irony was, it was bright sunshine and he was wearing sunglasses!
That's pathetic... The Kent Bikesafe coppers promote tinted visor use, illegal or otherwise. They pointed out that it's a LOT safer than wearing sunglasses under your helmet, and you could, be wearing those as well.
Old 13-01-05, 12:24 PM   #49
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
Quote:
correct me if i'm wrong - tinted/dark visor illegal, sunglasses on under helmet legal??
Spot on Keith.. its the silliest law I've ever come across

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 13-01-05, 12:27 PM   #50
Jabba

Please don't confuse the North Wales police area with the rest of Wales.

Mr Brunstom is the CC of North Wales. Avoid his patch and the rest of Wales is fine, certainly no worse than anywhere else, and South Wales is bordering on friendly.

I mean, FFS, it was the Cat 'n' Fiddle last year, one of the most highly policed roads in the UK. A sense of perspective is needed, perhaps?

The motorcycle cops here are almost human - the guy who trains them, PC Nigel "Yosser" Hughes is on record as saying "loud cans and small number plates never killed anyone". I think he has a "can" on his Hayabusa, but he wouldn't admit it when I asked

Please don't misunderstand - I'm not trying to plead the case for Wales - I just want folks to vote from a position of knowledge rather than heresay

Closed Thread