SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-02-10, 11:05 PM   #491
Bluefish

Default Re: COD Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 player list

cheers l3nny and dave

Last edited by Bluefish; 03-02-10 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-02-10, 12:06 AM   #492
Noble Ox

Who likes Noob Tubes?

Player last night set all his wepons with grenade launchers, then had one man army as a perk.

He had the use of 20 noob tubes before he died!! Pretty awesome if your one of those really, really annoying players who uses grenade launchers!

Just thort I'd share.
Old 04-02-10, 01:09 AM   #493
jans1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Ox View Post
Who likes Noob Tubes?

Player last night set all his wepons with grenade launchers, then had one man army as a perk.

He had the use of 20 noob tubes before he died!! Pretty awesome if your one of those really, really annoying players who uses grenade launchers!

Just thort I'd share.
i hate noob tubes , i dont even do the 20 kills any more for the bonus but if im strugling for xp to prstige ill put on danger close and put on noob tube, thumper, claymore and **** every one off and rank up really quick
Old 04-02-10, 09:08 AM   #494
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
once you get the grenade thing chuck it with R2, then hide in wait, a box'll drop out the sky - watch ya back and hold square at it.

edit: as above
yeah then wait for some f**ker to run in when it lands and nick your sentry gun !!!!!
Old 04-02-10, 01:44 PM   #495
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Well I am and have been for a wee while now able to enter prestige mode...but I don't think I want to.
from level 1-40 it was frustrating and hard as the guns were pants, since then I have enjoyed it more and got frustrated less and can see myself having a crap time from 1-40 in prestige mode again.
But it is annoying not getting anymore XP points.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 01:51 PM   #496
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

I actually found Prestige from 1-40 much more fun. The reason being is that because you have more experience, you tend to get through much quicker second time around. The frustrating part is finishing off, as you need so much XP per level towards the end.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 01:53 PM   #497
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Ox View Post
Who likes Noob Tubes?

Just thort I'd share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jans1971 View Post
i hate noob tubes , i dont even do the 20 kills any more for the bonus but if im strugling for xp to prstige ill put on danger close and put on noob tube, thumper, claymore and **** every one off and rank up really quick
Personally i couldnt give a t0ss who has what, i use grenade launchers on my assault rifle or thumper if using another gun but never both together.
Shotgun is my secondary weapon and i get loads more kills with that than i ever would with a grenade launcher.
Launchers are good on games like hq and domination when you just cant get there quick enough but you can fire up at windows or from distance.
You gotta use what gets you the most results, our real army dont say im not using a grenade launcher cos the taliban might think we are not veterans do they.
Old 04-02-10, 01:56 PM   #498
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Well I am and have been for a wee while now able to enter prestige mode...but I don't think I want to.
from level 1-40 it was frustrating and hard as the guns were pants, since then I have enjoyed it more and got frustrated less and can see myself having a crap time from 1-40 in prestige mode again.
But it is annoying not getting anymore XP points.
Mr Spiers, i think i sent you a message recently saying the same thing, i dont think i will prestige again, the loss of decent weapons was very annoying and i dont wanna go through that again.
Gotta get as much cod action tonight as going away for the weekend and wont be back on till sunday night .
Old 04-02-10, 02:03 PM   #499
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

I don't see the issue with Noob tubes. Like Specialone says......in the right circumstances its useful, but I also get way more kills with either the shotgun or one of the automatic pistols. If its a map with constricted areas, then shotguns are brill. But anything wide open I will either have a rocket launcher or pistol. I am not a fan of using the Cold Blooded perk as Stopping Power is too good, especially with guns like the ACR.

The only other setup I use is one for HQ, using UMP45 (with FMJ), Marathon, Lightweight, Commando. Means you can run around like a loon really quick.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 02:11 PM   #500
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Erm...excuse my bumbness but wtf is a noob tube????
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote