SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-10-09, 09:07 AM   #501
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hovis RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhustonedave View Post
I found out yesterday and went straight out on the bike , i suggest you all do the same otherwise the little yellow fiend will haunt you and call you names.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 09:12 AM   #502
DaveP

OMG!!!

I have been away for one weekend... Was sat with my old man on saturday going through the pictures on the camera and there is a real blurred one hovis and boris...
"Bit of a **** picture that one he says... all blurred!!"

To which my reply was...

"That was hovis coming down to the pondy on one wheel... and i messed the picture up....!" Was gutted then.... but even more so now!!! That would have been very apt!

This little chat took place on saturday just before lunch!!!

Gutted. Only met him a few times but whenever i did a smile was always just a few moments away!!

Gutted...

RIP MATE!! Hope Boris is with you up there!!

Ride safe guys..... Stay alive!

Dave
Old 05-10-09, 09:33 AM   #503
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Hovis would be gutted if he thought that in anyway he had influenced anyone to give up Bikes.
Unfortunatly what we do is risky and agreed one wrong move and we will have to spend eternity with Hovis in your ear going "fukkin unlucky" but that risk is what keeps you focused and makes you a better rider.

For Hovis sake think very carefully before you make a decision. let the emotion of the past few days subside slightly and then think again.

For me personally Bikes are part of who i am and that bloody bike has introduced me to so many people i would have never met otherwise, including Hovis.

Better to have really lived and been lost that never to have lived at all !!
I said a few words in front of the 100ish people at my IAM meeting yesterday before we all went out for more training. That's my way of coping.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 09:34 AM   #504
Quedos

Default Re: Hovis' Funeral Arrangments

how mant are we talking - i might and its a big might be able to nab some from my colleague
Old 05-10-09, 09:41 AM   #505
Damian

Unhappy Re: Hovis RIP

IV never meet him, but my heart & soul go out to Hovis & family (wish I meet you the other week M8 )
Old 05-10-09, 10:00 AM   #506
AndyW

RIP Hovis.

Only just found this when I got into work this morning. I don't normally post for people I don't know personally, but Hovis was a presence on this board and will be missed.
Old 05-10-09, 10:09 AM   #507
Viney
Mega Poster

I will try my hardest to attend
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-09, 10:21 AM   #508
Tara

unfortunately i won't be able to attend as I shall either still be waiting or in labour or have my hands full.

But whatever stage I am up to I will be thinking of you all attending and of course Hovis and his family.
Old 05-10-09, 10:30 AM   #509
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post

I've done it now, IB mod and South West Surfers mod to. Last few minutes its really hit me how I'm not going to see the cheeky fecker again if he could see me now he really would be taking the p1ss out of me
I keep expecting him to pop up and tell us all its a windup, he just knew it was the only way to become a mod muahaha! Obviously not going to happen now but I so wish it would

I have just caught up this thread from page 8 and am truly touched by how caring and generous the org is, knew it before but the org never struggles to impress at times like these. You are all very special people and I am truly honoured to be linked up to this site, joining it was one of the very best things I did. Even if you all - Hovis included - took the mick for me having an unoriginal name

Hovis really was one of a kind, the best kind. He was always pm-ing me about rideouts, particularly while he knew I was in Aberystwyth, he was just such a sound bloke.

He had a fantastic send-off last night in the pub and by the sounds of it everywhere else!

Always to be remembered Hovie lad. God bless ya.
Old 05-10-09, 10:38 AM   #510
firebladeriders

Just joined in tribute to Hovis.

Speedplay bore the news on our forum.

In his time with us Hovis brought his own humour and individuality which will be missed by us like the many of you here.

It's a real tribute to see the amount of posts in memory of Hovis - allready this thread is 49 pages long and it has taken me over an hour to read.

We are all very shocked at FBR.

One of the great posts from Hovis I particulary liked was Rudolph the Red Nosed Fireblade

Rest in peace Hovis

Simon(fbf) - FireBladeRiders