SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-10-09, 11:30 AM   #521
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: The MTB thread

I was at Kirroughtree last weekend... Did the red and black on the saturday, and the red again on the sunday (we were all shattered, just the red was enough!) Brilliant place, miles and miles of perfect singletrack plus lots of technical rock features, and then mcmoab as the highlight. Felt like my legs were going to fall off though Amazing place to ride though, should be heading back through come the spring.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-09, 12:25 AM   #522
Ian P

SMBLA assesment comming up, any tips
Ian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 11:20 AM   #523
rob13

How many of you get out on your own? Lovely day today for it, so tempted just to take myself off. I prefer to ride with another/small group but being on shifts means I'm usually at work when they're out.
Old 12-11-09, 11:34 AM   #524
plowsie

I've not been doing anything on the roads/fields/tracks lately because I've been hitting the gym, however, I got my buckle fixed last week and put it all back together, she needs a service, but I should get out on her sometime in the next week or so

I find riding alone I have no set pace, so I tend to go too slow, if I have a pace setter I am a lot better.
Old 12-11-09, 03:45 PM   #525
barwel1992

i dont like riding with other people tend to slow me down as i dont have much fear over drops and stuf also tend to like messing around a bit and carnt do that realy when with ther people
Old 12-11-09, 04:33 PM   #526
flibble

Just seen this thread, I put my bike in for a service yesterday. Been a while, so long that mountain trax have moved locations!!

Hubby's going to baby sit so I can take some time out to get fitness back and I'll be taking a gander to see how much swinley has changed too!
Old 12-11-09, 08:15 PM   #527
Tim in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
How many of you get out on your own? Lovely day today for it, so tempted just to take myself off. I prefer to ride with another/small group but being on shifts means I'm usually at work when they're out.

Rob, I used to go out on my own about 50% of the time, I'd always take a mobile though, don't want to be stuck in Guisborough woods or up on the tops!

I should be going for a tame ride this Saturday, nothing compared to the Cleveland hills.
Old 12-11-09, 09:13 PM   #528
TheRamJam
Mega Poster

Before my motorcyling days I used to cycle to work everyday for about 3 years. It was only a 12 mile daily commute but at least its regular exercise. Now that I have passed my bike test (Feb 09) I have only been on the MTB twice lol

I have been to Glentress a few times. Mostly doing red and blue routes really. Glentress is a great MTB site and it has a cool free skills loop too. I have also been to Laggan Wolftrax too. Did Ayres Rock, scary stuff indeed lol

Haven't been to any MTB site this year. To be fair my cars out of action so don't have any transport really. Althoug for the past 3 years running I have participated in the Pedal For Scotland events. Riding from Glasgow to Edinburgh. Its a great buzz to see 4000 odd cyclists take over the roads. At the moment am riding a Specialized Rockhopper Comp 2007.

Although now my work does the cycle to work scheme. From next year am thinking about a Stumpjumper or Pitch.

Yamaha MT 10 - Sold

Current Bike: Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory
TheRamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-09, 09:19 PM   #529
Tim in Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble View Post
Just seen this thread, I put my bike in for a service yesterday. Been a while, so long that mountain trax have moved locations!!

Hubby's going to baby sit so I can take some time out to get fitness back and I'll be taking a gander to see how much swinley has changed too!
I went out in Swinly a few weeks ago when I was visiting a mate back in the UK, we found some nice little routes, definitely worth exploring
Old 13-11-09, 07:25 AM   #530
flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
I went out in Swinly a few weeks ago when I was visiting a mate back in the UK, we found some nice little routes, definitely worth exploring
Wicked, it's bit grey today. Hopefully collect my Giant XTC se2 later which should have new middle cog since a tooth was missing. Can't wait to check it out soon.