SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-06, 10:52 AM   #521
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
Just one thing what cc is Haydens bike? I thought it was 990 like the other hondas but a few things the comentators mention made me think he is running an 800cc machine. If that is true he is doing really well imo.
I'm pretty sure its 990cc
Does anyone know what the differences are between Haydens RC211V evolution and Pedrosa's machine ?
Is it an all new machine or just some new bits ?
Yea I thought so. When are the 800cc rules coming in?

Old 05-06-06, 11:19 AM   #522
kwak zzr

on eurosport it said Hayden was on the prototype for next year so i thought it was there new 800cc cuz at the start of the season Haydon was moaning that he was the development rider and he wanted Danny's bike.

Old 05-06-06, 11:20 AM   #523
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
on eurosport it said Hayden was on the prototype for next year so i thought it was there new 800cc cuz at the start of the season Haydon was moaning that he was the development rider and he wanted Danny's bike.
Thats what made me think he has a smaller bike. So the 800cc rule is next year?

Old 05-06-06, 11:29 AM   #524
kwak zzr

yep! and if Hayden has already developed that animal he might just have a head start on the rest of the pack.

Old 05-06-06, 11:31 AM   #525
kwak zzr

he still needs some of that aggression that rossi was showing tho

Old 05-06-06, 11:42 AM   #526
Peter Henry

It would have taken a very brave man to try and get in between Valentino and Loris yesterday! I think Nicky played it right. the risk/reward scenario meant no real damage to his championship aspirations.

I have to say I cannot remember seeing such an exciting race? So much going on from start to finish. All made errors at the front but Loris and Valentino recovered much better from their's.

Marco screwed up big time and that all Italian podium at one stage looked a real possibility.

You got to love young Dani though? Not a track suited to his size and first time on a Moto GP bike. But he got round and sensibly stayed clear of the fireworks in front of him. Whereas Casey, trying to stick with the more experienced guys, made an error that spoiled his run of points.

People waiting to slag off Sete? He was brimming with confidance at the weekend and knows that apart from the error that cost him a number of places, he was competitive. Barcelona should indeed be something to look forward to.

Old 05-06-06, 12:40 PM   #527
The Basket

Sete did well in the early laps but faded later. Capirex had a dismal start but really got going and did well at the end. Rossi...proves again the god he is. Thought he chucked it away at one point but you can't underestimate or even overestimate this guy.

The point I was making is that Mugello is Ducati's home and so should know every blade of grass. As been said...Sete was good enough for the pole but faded in the lap. Certainly wasn't lack of power...although the Yam was flying.

I was predicting a Rossi Ducati Ducati 123. 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Old 05-06-06, 01:37 PM   #528
kwak zzr

wasnt sete's reason for fading the loss of a toe slider? euro show'd a hole wore though his boot and his toes with plasters on i was hoping sete could have run with the lead 2, he still did well tho considering his boot problem.

Old 05-06-06, 05:02 PM   #529
Peter Henry

kwak...Sete did state he made an error, I guess it was probably a fluffed gear change. With the pace at the front by the time you sort that out the other boys are long gone. I am encouraged about Sete's weekend tbh.

Valentino in that kind of mood is a pleasure to watch. But jeez my boy Loris made him work for it!

Old 05-06-06, 06:09 PM   #530
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
Just one thing what cc is Haydens bike? I thought it was 990 like the other hondas but a few things the comentators mention made me think he is running an 800cc machine. If that is true he is doing really well imo.
I'm pretty sure its 990cc
Does anyone know what the differences are between Haydens RC211V evolution and Pedrosa's machine ?
Is it an all new machine or just some new bits ?
I think Haydens is brand new. Everybody else is on a 2005 spec bike. IIRC Ducati are the only manufacturer to so far run an 800cc bike. well in public anyway.
Nope, they confirmed on Eurosport that it is an 800cc "Prototype" for next year, that's why they were so suprised when it was doing 205mph !!!

He's having a cracking season, just needs to get a couple of wins, but now that Rossi has tasted blodd, I reckon he'll be showing the others "Who's the Daddy"......

Bloody great race though.....

Closed Thread