SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-07-21, 06:48 PM   #5341
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Plus I won £25 on the premium bonds the other day

I won £25 this month too! Was delighted with that bit of good fortune.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 06:53 PM   #5342
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
My eldest got a 1st in History, lots of hard work at home during these COVID times

Plus I won £25 on the premium bonds the other day
Well done to the eldest.

And on the PB win. It was a thing in my family to give them as christening presents and in the fift, er, 39 years I've had mine I have only ever won a single prize of £50, and that was in the mid seventies!
Old 09-07-21, 08:31 PM   #5343
TamSV
Mega Poster

Yesterday I was left in the house myself all day.

There was nothing on my domestic to-do list and I hadn’t been left with any new requests. I had a day off work and nobody was expecting anything from me.

I reckon that must be the first time that’s happened in a good 3 or 4 years.

So anyhoo, after I had a w***, I thought “I’m goin oot on the feckin bike”.

It actually started! So I put air in the tyres, squeezed into the shrunk leathers and went for a four hour bimble around Leadhills, Abington, Dalveen Pass.

Loved it. Aren’t motorcycles great?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 10:01 AM   #5344
Bibio
Mega Poster

nice to see you get out Tam. hows the MT compared to the SV?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-21, 04:49 PM   #5345
TamSV
Mega Poster

I’d kinda convinced myself I didn’t like it after I got it but I’ve now revised my opinion.

Nice engine and gearbox. Less character than a twin, not as dull as an in-line 4. Don’t need to change gear as often as with the SV. You can do almost everything in 4th and 5th.

Handling is pretty good - a bit better than stock SV (although I haven’t ridden a new SV so hopefully they’ve improved too and I never thought the
originals were terrible). Like a lot of bikes, apart from the real top end stuff, I think it would benefit from an upgraded rear shock but I’m ok with the front end. The rear isn’t bad as such but could be better - it can skip a wee bit.

Or I could just lose 2 stone.

Seat was comfy enough for a few hours, but then I always found both the curvy and pointy seats OK.

Absolutely NO onboard storage. You could keep your credit card under the seat and that’s about it so the wee Motech tank bag I got has turned out to be pretty useful.

TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-21, 11:53 AM   #5346
Dave20046
Mega Poster

For my sins (well, complete laziness) I'm with Bennetts for my bike insurance at the moment. Just notified them of a non-fault car accident and change of address and there was no fee or price hike, same on my renewal next week. I thought they'd be getting the nipple clamps out.

Cynical NB: they probably know it makes no difference as they have no intention of paying out, ever.
Old 14-07-21, 01:05 PM   #5347
garynortheast
Mega Poster

SotD is for yesterday really. Set off at 6.30am and rode up to Kendall to meet my mate. We had a bit of a ride around the Lakes, visited Holehird Gardens, coffee and cake at the Filling Station in Keswick, then back to Kendall via the Kirkstone Pass. Weather was fab all day. Got back home at about 9.45pm having covered 399.2 miles door to door.

No pictures, sorry! Just never got around to taking any.....
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-21, 10:16 PM   #5348
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamSV View Post
I’d kinda convinced myself I didn’t like it after I got it but I’ve now revised my opinion.

Nice engine and gearbox. Less character than a twin, not as dull as an in-line 4. Don’t need to change gear as often as with the SV. You can do almost everything in 4th and 5th.

Handling is pretty good - a bit better than stock SV (although I haven’t ridden a new SV so hopefully they’ve improved too and I never thought the
originals were terrible). Like a lot of bikes, apart from the real top end stuff, I think it would benefit from an upgraded rear shock but I’m ok with the front end. The rear isn’t bad as such but could be better - it can skip a wee bit.
Or I could just lose 2 stone.
Seat was comfy enough for a few hours, but then I always found both the curvy and pointy seats OK.
Absolutely NO onboard storage. You could keep your credit card under the seat and that’s about it so the wee Motech tank bag I got has turned out to be pretty useful.
These things can depend on how a machine is set up I suppose, but I had a test ride on an MT09 a while ago and I didn't feel at all comfortable riding it because of the throttle/fuelling, which was erratic and abrupt I thought, sort of all go or stop sort of thing, if that makes sense. I was glad to get off it.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-21, 10:19 PM   #5349
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
For my sins (well, complete laziness) I'm with Bennetts for my bike insurance at the moment. Just notified them of a non-fault car accident and change of address and there was no fee or price hike, same on my renewal next week. I thought they'd be getting the nipple clamps out.

Cynical NB: they probably know it makes no difference as they have no intention of paying out, ever.
I wouldn't want to be with an insurance company if I thought they would never have any intention of paying out in the event of a claim !!!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-21, 09:29 AM   #5350
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I wouldn't want to be with an insurance company if I thought they would never have any intention of paying out in the event of a claim !!!
All try to avoid it. I think Bennetts are murkier than most, I boycotted them since forever but somehow ended up with them last year - I'll be doing pitifully low miles this year so hopefully not an issue!