SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-04-10, 04:33 PM   #531
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

You have read all the stuff on here about dynos and testing.Ask the police for all the relevant paperwork and see what they produce.I wouldnt be at all surprised if they cant produce anything that hadnt been hurriedly knocked up on the Nuneaton police station computer and printer in order to justify their six days of bullsh1t and to convince you not to make a formal complaint.
Old 30-04-10, 04:33 PM   #532
simesb

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7755matt View Post
It probably is a 33bhp ECU, but as people have said, the dyno could have been carried out badly. Id still be getting on to White Dalton or similar.
If it was a full power ECU and only developed 40bhp you'd be a bit ****ed.
Old 30-04-10, 04:33 PM   #533
james160987

ask for proof, write to suzuki asking for an explanation, ask about the dyno etc, how many times did they run it etc, , do you have any mods to the bike such as exhaust or is everything standard,

i think if i was in your situation id actually get in touch with white dalton again or another bike solitor, your 33bhp ecu is the same as veryone elses, someone hasnt modded it on ebay to give you 5 extra brake, if anything that difference could be dyno out, maybe non standard exhaust gave you a few extra ponnies,

be intresting to fine out, i can tell you straight away that a suzuki dealer, if you ask them to restrict the bike they will go into the back, get a 33bhp ecu, and plug it in, job done, i know as i got it done, they dont go int he back and also run a dyno,
Old 30-04-10, 04:44 PM   #534
beabert

Even if it was 40bhp, so its a faulty ECU, you cannot anticipate these things, you have made the effort to restrict the bike, and believeed it was only 33bhp. Surely this must work in you favor.
Old 30-04-10, 04:45 PM   #535
ferret23

Its fairly obvious that you have spent money and made an attempt to ge the bike restricted. It is NOT your fault that you have been sold a dodgy resriction kit surely if you could afford to take legal action it would be whoever sold you the restrictor kit or the manufacturer that would get prosecuted for with severe consequences selling you a product unfit for purpose.
Old 30-04-10, 04:53 PM   #536
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Hows this for a theory?
Here we have a young lad on his first proper bike that a couple of coppers thought fitted a certain stereotype so they pulled him.Nothing obviously wrong so they carried on anyway and "justified" their initial actions by making up the excuse of the restriction.Because he is young and has no clout they still think they can bamboozle him with bullsh1t and are now bullying him into just going away with his bike and taking no action.If they had any real evidence of offenses being committed here they would book him without delay thus saving themselves from any comeback.
Old 30-04-10, 04:57 PM   #537
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

That is a real pain.

Can they prove that the Dyno is accurate? Was it recently calibrated?

What a swine, I wonder if they are all like it, there are quite a few of us on here with 33BHP who could well be over the limit due to the ECU.

I feel for you kiddo, hope that you can get it sorted. More legal advice I suspect if it goes badly for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-10, 05:01 PM   #538
on yer bike

I'd get the information and data from the police, then either write to Suzuki With the data (or take it to your local dealer. If they are anything like mine, they will be more than happy to contact suzuki for you). I'm sure that you will get a letter back explaining the inaccuracies in dyno runs as to why the bike was reading at that power, as they wouldn't want legal action themselves for selling inaccurate ECUs. (this is of course if it is an official suzuki part). MCN might be the next step.

I mean seriously your bike was reading 41-ish bhp shows that it was restricted from full 71-ish bhp
Old 30-04-10, 05:01 PM   #539
Bri w

I think you are being spun a line to hide the fact they've made a right ar5e of the whole thing. Even if they have dyno'd it I find it hard to believe that a semi conductor device like an ecu is going to be that far out.

I'd ask for a copy of the dyno report using the excuse that you want to use it to get your money back for the (restricted)ecu you bought. Me thinks he'll refuse coz it's their 'evidence' to hide the fact it doesn't exist.

If they are going to sting you for the holding fee I'd definitely write a letter of complaint to the Chief Super.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.

Last edited by Bri w; 30-04-10 at 05:04 PM.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-10, 05:08 PM   #540
TC3

Gut feeling tells me you will be fine. They are trying to cover their backs by getting you real worried and once they come back and say no charges are pressed they are thinking you will gratefully just go away quietly.

What a pathetic abuse of powers and an appauling way to treat you. If your bike was over you would not be allowed to ride it back as your licence would not void .... i mean how stupid do they think you are?

Do not let this drop. Time to show them you are not a pushover me thinks.

Last edited by TC3; 30-04-10 at 07:29 PM.