SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-06, 06:49 PM   #531
Razor

I agree, best race so far this year. Nice to see Loris and Vale still best of mates. The Doctor was speechless afterwards and I think he must have got a huge buzz from that race, glad to see him back on form.

Old 05-06-06, 08:03 PM   #532
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Nope, they confirmed on Eurosport that it is an 800cc "Prototype" for next year, that's why they were so suprised when it was doing 205mph !!!
In which case Hayden really deserves a lot of praise for how well he is doing.

Old 05-06-06, 08:25 PM   #533
kwak zzr

thats just what i was thinking.

Old 05-06-06, 08:28 PM   #534
Peter Henry

CB..I totally agree with you,Nicky is thumbing his nose at the Honda hierarchy who decided in their own minds to sacrifice his challenge this year by making him ride the ptrototype.

The way he is going this year makes something of a mockery of the drop down in capacity doesn't it?

But then again that might explain why he just does not have enough power to take the wins?

What a turn up it would be if he became champion on the smaller capacity machine this year!

Old 05-06-06, 08:34 PM   #535
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Nope, they confirmed on Eurosport that it is an 800cc "Prototype" for next year, that's why they were so suprised when it was doing 205mph !!!

He's having a cracking season, just needs to get a couple of wins, but now that Rossi has tasted blodd, I reckon he'll be showing the others "Who's the Daddy"......
Kin hell.

Respect is due and given. He's riding the knackers of that bike then.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 05-06-06, 08:56 PM   #536
JMG

Surely Hayden can't be running the new 800cc and holding his own against well developed 990cc bikes.
Moody and Co. do come out with some rubbish from time to time

Old 05-06-06, 09:22 PM   #537
kwak zzr

rossi said in MCN the smaller engine wouldnt slow them down.

Old 05-06-06, 10:19 PM   #538
Peter Henry

Pssst...Will someone please ask Jelster to have a word with the Honda chaps in BSB? It's starting to look embarassing what the Ducati's are doing to the biggest motorcycle company in the world! Mind you I guess they are riding Fireblades,nuff said! :P :P

Granted they let Kyonari have a tsate of victory but they were just playing with him.

Old 05-06-06, 10:25 PM   #539
Jelster

The 800cc engine is allowing him to get more traction (yeah, like NH needs traction! ) and is quicker into and out of the bends. In Le Mans it certainly sounded different to the other Hondas.

It's true too that he hasn't been able to slipstream anybody, and if you notice, he tucks in and gets dragged down the straights but can't pass them. When he's on his own, he loses time on those in front as nobody's making a whole in the air for him.

He's one hell of a rider when he's motivated, look at Laguna Seca last season. I don't think Honda really got him motivated at all last year, this seasonhe has something to prove, if he doesn't do well he'll lose his ride.

But yer man Rossi is still a different class, and Gibbers is a "has been". He had his chance and couldn't step up to the mark.

Old 05-06-06, 10:47 PM   #540
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
I agree, best race so far this year. Nice to see Loris and Vale still best of mates. The Doctor was speechless afterwards and I think he must have got a huge buzz from that race, glad to see him back on form.
Don't think he's ever not been on form. He just hasn't had the bike under him to show his form. Now he has his new chassis and the chatter has gone it's Rossi back to normal. Last race he would have won (probably) had his engine not given up. Two races with his new chassis and two races we've seen the Rossi we are used to seeing.

Closed Thread