SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 04-04-09, 08:02 PM   #541
paiste

Default Re: Barmouth or Bust Banter Box

Home, bathed, fed and watered.
Had a brilliant day. Thanks Ed for a great day, great route (even though me and Seggons took our own route to Barmouth!)
Thanks also to the Family Ed for their hospitality.
Looking forward to the next one

Coghead. I hope that wasn't the plod following you down the A5. I saw yu in the distance and decided to ahem catch you up just before you turned off. I'm in trouble if that's the case
Old 04-04-09, 08:06 PM   #542
Cog Head

im not too sure, i belive it was plod cus on the last of the 3 little round-abouts near canock, i nailed out out the round about, and mr plod coming towards me changed the direction of his indicatiors to come round and follow me. it may not have been but i was sticking the the limmits, just in case... otherwise you wouldn't have caught me up ;est say the hilly bit of the A5 is a nice place to top a bike out

just out if interest, where do you live seeing as you come pact my junction...
the one i turned off at is like on my door step.
Old 04-04-09, 08:17 PM   #543
DaveP

BARMOUTH Or BUST????? Your not fecking joking!!!

I made it to barmouth and home again via a round about route that took in 4 different places to get tyres, all of which had none or where shut!!! I need to make a very big public thank you to dave AKA baph! Your a real credit to this forum, a real credit to bikers and now a real friend!!! I owe you one.
Last time i look at the back wheel and think "that will be ok for one more ride"

In regards to my mate and his TT, He is fine for all but a few scrapes and no doubt a few bruises in the morning.... seems like his I-Phone in his chest pocket took a direct hit from a branch that could well have broken a few ribs if not worse!! I am meeting him for a drink shortly so will get the full story. Most important thing is he is ok. The bike.....???? Well as Ed said.... its in a mess.... write off for sure. A real shame. Thanks to the guys who stopped and did what was needed.

Big thanks to ED for planning all this today, next time i may even make it back for a brew!!! And see what 30 bike in a cul de sac looks like.

Cheers Guys....

Dave
Old 04-04-09, 08:21 PM   #544
markryker

Post Re: Barmouth or Bust Banter Box

Glad your mate is ok Dave, looked awful as it happened, see you again soon.
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 08:22 PM   #545
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
I am meeting him for a drink shortly so will get the full story. Most important thing is he is ok.
As I said to him at the scene, make sure he gets himself properly checked over!!

If all he has is a few bruises, he's one very lucky mofo!! I still can't really get over the feeling of pulling up with hazards on, thinking "OK, there's a bike there, but where's the rider?"

It was only when I saw the mud all down one side of him that I twigged!!
Old 04-04-09, 08:30 PM   #546
paiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cog Head View Post
im not too sure, i belive it was plod cus on the last of the 3 little round-abouts near canock, i nailed out out the round about, and mr plod coming towards me changed the direction of his indicatiors to come round and follow me. it may not have been but i was sticking the the limmits, just in case... otherwise you wouldn't have caught me up ;est say the hilly bit of the A5 is a nice place to top a bike out

just out if interest, where do you live seeing as you come pact my junction...
the one i turned off at is like on my door step.
Stupid of me not to realise actualy no way i'd keep up with you

Live in Burbage near Hinckley. Thought I'd take the A5 rather than the M way.
Old 04-04-09, 08:34 PM   #547
Jack1

Glad to hear he's ok Dave. It wasnt a nice sight seeing a bike down but the look on his face was more of broken pride than broken bones. Thankfully.
The TT didnt look so good though.
Old 04-04-09, 09:28 PM   #548
Cog Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste1 View Post
Stupid of me not to realise actualy no way i'd keep up with you

Live in Burbage near Hinckley. Thought I'd take the A5 rather than the M way.
ha ha, im not that fast m8!

iirc you got off the m54 to join the A5 at telford didnt you !? wheras i got off at the canock junction. you cant have been far behind all the way down the A5.

we'll have to meet up before the next ride and go to he meeting place together, save pottering on ya billy (the most boring form of pottering)

iv just eaten my chinease take away, showered, and im now sat in front of the tv watching family guy with the lappy and an ice cold carlsburg super chilling

this time i really enjoyed doing the junction marking and getting the the back of the pack then going on a mission to get back to the front, much to Ed's amusement when i went flying past at 140...erm... Kmph

Thanks again to everyone for an awsome day
Old 04-04-09, 09:33 PM   #549
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cog Head View Post
this time i really enjoyed doing the junction marking and getting the the back of the pack then going on a mission to get back to the front, much to Ed's amusement when i went flying past at 140...erm... Kmph

Thanks again to everyone for an awsome day
You overtook me 3 times, but most people did as I'm slow

The second time - going up Dinas Mawddy - you came from no place and disappeared pretty quick too. I sat behind the two old dears in the Polo and thought 'ah, youth...'
Old 04-04-09, 11:13 PM   #550
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

CHEERS ALL - SPESH Ed..
was a good day..

looks like I aint ever gona be ridin on me own again ever-

maybe I need a Goldwing now eh..