SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-02-22, 07:14 PM   #5721
svenrico

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Nice looking places that would be 4 to five times the price here in Buckinghamshire! Good luck with the house hunting Chris.
Any advance on 4 to 5 times ?
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 09:06 PM   #5722
Ruffy

New SOTD: The 6 Nations competition has started and I watched two enjoyable and generally decent games of rugby today.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 05:34 PM   #5723
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
New SOTD: The 6 Nations competition has started and I watched two enjoyable and generally decent games of rugby today.
I watched the end of the England game but I just don't know the rules. I don't understand how kicking the ball of of play can be part of the game !
Old 06-02-22, 05:35 PM   #5724
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
booked another skip to start more work in the house
Shouldn't that be a gripe of the day ?!
Old 06-02-22, 08:11 PM   #5725
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I watched the end of the England game but I just don't know the rules. I don't understand how kicking the ball of of play can be part of the game !

Kicking the ball into touch gives a line out ( throw in ) to the opposing team, but there is always a chance to get the ball back in a line-out, and anyway you have moved the play way up the field into the opponents half. I suppose it happens in football where the ball is deliberately kicked at an opponent to bounce it out of play and give you a throw in as well. I like Rugby refs, they seem a lot more professional than their footie counterparts, and video ref has been part of rugby for a while, and the players didn't squeal about it like the spoiled footie players.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 11:11 PM   #5726
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Shouldn't that be a gripe of the day ?!
you would think so but i'm a weirdo
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-22, 09:54 AM   #5727
CheGuevara

More SOTW than SOTD for me -cannot wait to get these installed:

CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-22, 08:16 PM   #5728
DJ123
Mega Poster

Bought a new Bike. Slightly sporadic, slightly planned. It's one i've wanted for a while, and will hopefully be a good companion for Journeys to Europe in the future.

It's a BMW R1200GS (water cooled). Not one of the latest ones with all the fancy tech. But a new enough one with some toys and fancy tech (LED headlight, Cruise control, ESA, etc).

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-22, 02:49 PM   #5729
embee
Mega Poster

I'd taken the Deauville 650 (carbs) off road at the end of Oct last year, drained carbs, turned fuel off. It has an electric fuel pump but it only runs when the engine turns (signal from ECU) so needs cranking for ages to fill carbs. I'd intended to fit a "prime" momentary switch for years allowing the pump to fill the carbs before cranking, so finally got round to it.

Came to start it today.

I hadn't charged the YTZ14S battery for a while so it churned for a bit then slowed, obviously going flat.
Took a Shido Li-ion battery off another bike, popped it on the Deau ....... vroom instantly on the button. Great things these Li-ion batteries, I think the old lead-acid one will get pensioned off for a new Li-ion, my SVS and NC700 already have them.
I notice there are a few makes around now, Shido (which I've used and been happy with), Exide, Bosch, plus a couple of less well known names to me. I rather suspect they might well use the same cells and charging circuits, effectively badge engineering. Exide look best prices from what I can see, anyone used them?
Old 17-02-22, 02:56 PM   #5730
CheGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
I notice there are a few makes around now, Shido (which I've used and been happy with), Exide, Bosch, plus a couple of less well known names to me. I rather suspect they might well use the same cells and charging circuits, effectively badge engineering. Exide look best prices from what I can see, anyone used them?

I just bought a Shido (not used it yet). I saw/considered the Bosch but wasn't sure it was LiFePo4 so gave it a miss. The Shido was cheap (£75) at sportsbikeshop:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...nt_prod/248692
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote