SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-06, 07:57 AM   #581
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Loris as the guilty party. A touch of homophobia here?

Old 19-06-06, 08:33 AM   #582
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:
Yea I was wondering about that one....I'm pretty sure Loris isn't gay.

I regards to the incident to me Sete drifted left a lot more than Loris drifted right but at the end of the day it's not about who is to blame, it's racing and when you get that many bike competing for the same area of track these things happen. It was just unlucky that Sete's lever got shunted and the bike flipped like that.

I hope All three recover quickly and I think Sete did well to walk away from that with just a broken collar bone after the way he landed on his head

One thing that confused me about the race is why was Vermulan allowed to take his place on the grid after stalling but Nakano was supposed to go to the back of the grid? Seems very unfair to me.

Old 19-06-06, 08:40 AM   #583
Scooby Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Quote:

Quote:
It appears Marco has thankfully not been as badly injured as first thought. Concussion,sore neck and dislocated shoulder.
I had a very bad moment when I saw Marco lying very still in the sand pit Glad to hear that he is not too bad.

Old 19-06-06, 09:11 AM   #584
Peter Henry

oh dear a little bit of a Freudian slip on my part!

The word I meant to use was of course Xenophobia ! :P

Wonder why I was thinking of the other one?

Old 19-06-06, 09:45 AM   #585
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

It must be your GYND fixation.
As for the race,they took their time to red flag it did'nt they?Starting incident = red flag in my book,and a couple on unconsious riders in the gravel should have been enough to stop things instantly.Sponsor and broadcasting pressures perhaps.
Turned into a poor race by the usual standards after the field got so depleted though did it not?
Old 19-06-06, 10:43 AM   #586
The Basket

The papers seem to blame a Spanish, Italian machine rider for the crash.

Some injuries to top star riders...Mr Biaggi waits by the phone with crash helmet by his side.

Old 19-06-06, 11:45 AM   #587
Scooby Drew

Quote:
though out punched by Fat Boy Roberts.,(Funny how on SPEEDZILLA web site, some of the Yanks are whooping and hollering saying Roberts kicked ass!FFS there was hardly anyone left standing!)
fat boy did fantastically - if you discount the people who fell off would normally have been in front of him - Gibs, Capirex, Hedgehog boy, complete Stoner & the wee bairn. And don't forget Nik Nak who got black flagged... That puts him in ninth which is just business as usual.

Old 19-06-06, 11:47 AM   #588
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Could this see the introduction of Motocross style protectors for the handlebar levers on race bikes?
Not the first time I've seen an accident caused by this, so maybe not a bad idea?

Incidently, can anyone remember where the other similar crash occured?

Old 19-06-06, 12:29 PM   #589
SVeeedy Gonzales

Quote:
Could this see the introduction of Motocross style protectors for the handlebar levers on race bikes?
If BMW come in for the 2007 race you can bet they'll have ABS on it in case something like this happens. I'm assuming they don't have anything like ABS right now due to the weight of the ABS system?

Do they have on board control over their traction control system. Rossi did two very impressive slides near the end (one smoking the tyre, the other with the bike going sideways) - more than I've ever seen before... hard to believe the traction control wasn't turned down/off to get that. Nice.

Old 19-06-06, 01:12 PM   #590
Filipe M.

Just saw the crash... oh boy, that must have hurt. A lot. Is it me or it looks like Capirex was just managing to hold it up until he touches Melandri himself? Then they both flip it, and all of a sudden there's no more Marco Melandri in the picture. Very bad indeed, let's just hope they all recover quickly.

Closed Thread