SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-02-15, 12:58 PM   #51
Redmist

Default Re: I made a gyro camera thingy! For Rossi style footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
Excellent - nice work!!
If only it was my own work!

This "revision 3" of mine is going to use that control board designed and tested extensively by Derek Lieber, but repackaged so that it doesn't look too out of place on race / track bike.
Old 18-02-15, 09:24 PM   #52
Redmist

Some more work done tonight:

Soldered up the second of the three boards so that it can run off the bike's 12v supply (Fused Ignition feed):

This means no worrying about charging batteries and no need to press the on button to start it up.

Also it fits into a smaller box than combining the battery and board:

So a few small bits need to arrive and then I can fit it to my bike and go ride.

Out of interest which voltage source would any of you prefer if you had a need for such a device?
1) Battery only (Easy to move around the bike for different shots)
2) Bike's battery (No need to worry about charging batteries)
3) Both please!
Old 25-02-15, 10:24 PM   #53
Redmist

Another night of coding!
After a test run on the 1000, I soon realised the "Zeroing" trigger needs to be adjustable.

To correct my earlier statements, the zeroing should only get done once the bike is on the straight and level, so if after a corner is completed, the gyros have not quite returned to the same starting point, the error is removed and the camera returns to the start position.

Essentially, the control board was zeroing prematurely on a gentle commute to work, so on slow, almost upright corners, the camera would get zeroed and return to the same level as the bike.
(On track where the lean angles and yaw rates are much larger, I doubt its an issue)

The original author of the code only had the triggers for this function as fixed numbers.
I've reworked it so that they can be adjusted via the laptop without re-flashing the chip with new code and are saved for next time, it may be that there are two default modes needed, one for road, one for track.

There is also a filter setting, to clean up vibrations detected by the gyros, again this was always set to one setting on bootup, now it can be adjusted and saved for next bootup. On a few occasions when the big v-twin was rumbling at low revs the servo completely rotated to its end stop, hopefully this filter will remove that!
Old 11-03-15, 02:27 PM   #54
mosci

FYI:
http://netz-weit.de
here you can see my last version (modell 2015)

the modell 2014 (looks nearly the same - but has a little different features)
was used also in macau november 2014:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki5bKhOf1Nk

the cam, which was used in macau 2013 was also build by me - but the software and design was realized by derek lieber.

BTW:
I don't sell them - a friend of mine sells them - but he ask something like 300€+ for a complete unit.
I'm looking for a native english speaking person whith some little eletronic-skills who will write a online-documentation of his own build - I will support this as much as I can.
Plastic and PCB are designed by myself but the firmware is propetary (will cost 10$ per unit) - but worth it (there is also a opensource-firmware available but the gui is not half as nice then the other - for me it worth to spend the 10$)
I have already asked a chinese manufacturer for aluminium parts (instead of plastic) but therefor I have to order at least 50 units to get it for a reasonable price.
With plastic the materialcosts is nearly the double of a servo driven unit from derek - so arround 150-160€
could be much cheaper on massproduction - but thats to expensive for me.

This Guy is comming up in a few weeks with his gyrocam:
http://motogyrovision.com/
looks also prommissing !

Last edited by mosci; 11-03-15 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-03-15, 05:54 PM   #55
Redmist

Hello Mosci,

Thanks for finding us!

I was really impressed by your version, a very neat solution.

I would be interested in being your translator if you like. I will send you a private message to discuss.

I tried out my version of Derek's project but it is suffering from vibrations, I have emailed Derek who suggested some fixes so I will be trying them soon.
Old 16-04-15, 12:29 PM   #56
Redmist

The quest is over guys, please see the new thread:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=216824