SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-10, 06:34 PM   #51
Fishtits

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee67 View Post
id check this out, as if u havnt got one at time of an accident, ur more than likely wont be insured..all dealer restrictions come with certificate for insurance purposes
You're quite right. I had a job not long ago following an accident where the insurer didn't pay out because they couldn't prove the restriction.

Don't confuse a legal requirement with a requirement laid down in your policy t&c.
Old 24-04-10, 06:34 PM   #52
Ch00

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
So if it's not a scam are these police officers in the wrong?

We won't know until or if the OP tells us more information but he said he is out to dinner.
Old 24-04-10, 06:34 PM   #53
lee67

like i said mbk'..news to me''.
Old 24-04-10, 06:34 PM   #54
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
So if it's not a scam are these police officers in the wrong? If they're actually allowed to do this then there needs to be a drastic overhaul of the law - whatever happened to Equity?
It depends on what their apparent "reasonable suspicion" is..and the actual reason they seized the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Even if the poor fella was doing a bit over the speed limit, it doesn't prove a bike isn't restricted, everyone on here knows that just because an SV is restricted doesn't mean it can't keep up with the big boys!
So what excuse they had to pull him, is anyones guess, apart from the OP, whos gone off for tea so maybe a while telling us that part.
Yep, I will await his reply with anticipation. Certainly think there is more to this than meets the eye.
Old 24-04-10, 06:39 PM   #55
instigator

I do seriously hope the OP is down at the police office right this second.
Old 24-04-10, 06:44 PM   #56
TazDaz

He's having dinner isn't he?
Old 24-04-10, 06:45 PM   #57
Fishtits

Maybe he combined the two?
Old 24-04-10, 06:48 PM   #58
Geodude
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtits View Post
Maybe he combined the two?
Standing at the inspectors desk with a kebab in his hand wont go down that well

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 07:17 PM   #59
sunshine

LOL @ geodude

This is why i have a mate, a Lawyer, on speed dial you never know when your going need one. So he asked i fill him in the morning with all the details and he says he will let me know how to get the bike quickly, if possible.
Old 24-04-10, 07:24 PM   #60
davepreston

all fair points but (there is always a but) from yourself however if the copper has reasonable grounds to believe it's not restricted (for whatever reason),
it looks big is not a reason, it goes too fast is not a reason , sorry id like to see anyone argue it is reasonable to suspect a bike to be unmodified usless it was keeping up with a busa