SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-08-10, 08:46 PM   #51
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
+1
This is a most valid point when deciding on putting an AR in Scotland. Organising one event is a huge burden to undertake, to organise two....would be way too much for those usually involved in the GM. Really would be expecting way too much of them IMHO.
They end up putting a lot of spare time into the organising, on top of their very busy working lives.

There are other people in the Ecosse section you know...
Old 13-08-10, 08:50 PM   #52
fenjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
+1
This is a most valid point when deciding on putting an AR in Scotland. Organising one event is a huge burden to undertake, to organise two....would be way too much for those usually involved in the GM. Really would be expecting way too much of them IMHO.
They end up putting a lot of spare time into the organising, on top of their very busy working lives.
+2

I'm all for having an AR somewhere near the Scotland/England border, there are fantastic roads there, but there would need to be enough people from that area to do recces, trial runs, find accomodation etc.

As with all these things you find the same people will end up doing the organising again and again and again...and thats not fair.
Old 13-08-10, 08:57 PM   #53
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
There are other people in the Ecosse section you know...
I agree chick, but it always comes down to the same people every year (in one way or another), to recce, organise, help, please everyone and go grey over night with worry. Not many folk have the time, or the patience for such a large responsiblity.
I certainly wouldn't like to undertake such a job, doing one, never mind two.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 13-08-10 at 08:59 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 09:08 PM   #54
Smudge

If it's up norf I dont mind helping with the planning as I haven't even attended an AR yet.
Chris mate if you are planning on doing some research gis a job I'm at Uni too and need something to get me through the hols.
I do think we have better springs than summers nowadays so earlier makes sense to me.
Old 13-08-10, 09:32 PM   #55
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

This is an excellent discussion with some good points being made and rolled around.

Nothing is decided yet. All these ideas are needed and they will infuse over the next little while into something more tangible and clear.

Keep going with the thoughts org people. There's plenty of time.
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 10:14 PM   #56
Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Isle of man, job done
Beat me to it! Gets my vote.
Old 13-08-10, 10:29 PM   #57
Lozzo

I'm not bothered where it is, the organisation at the two ARs I've attended has been nothing short of excellent and so have the facilities. No matter where you go in Britain there are enough good roads in the area to do a bloody good ride-out, so location isn't too important to me.

My only request is that wherever it is held, Bear needs to be there, if only to do the pre-ride briefing.
Old 13-08-10, 10:32 PM   #58
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Northumberland
About same time as this year
Toilets
Bar and off license in reasonable distance
1) Seahouses/ Beadnell couple of camp sites around there within 15 minutes walk
Linky for location

2) Whitley Bay

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by admin; 25-07-13 at 03:31 PM. Reason: link removed at the request of park resorts for some reason. Their loss.
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-10, 10:42 PM   #59
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
As for time, bring it forward to July, maybe even end of June as the weather ALWAYS seems better then.
Havent we tried AR's in June and July and got rained on. In fact this years AR I think is one of the driest I've attended. TBH as long as it doesnt clash with the British Moto GP round, then I dont really care when it is either !

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 08:05 AM   #60
metalangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Well, a couple have mentioned on this thread having it in Wales again at the Basky. Now, I'd be more than willing to sort that out again with whoever helping as it would take the sum total of about three phone calls to get it booked and sorted.
The little chipmunk girl on the reception said 'see you next year' when we were leaving! I think they realize what a great time we had...

I think Messie's idea of Peak/Lake District is a good 'un. While Ireland would be cool it would be a bit expensive getting over there both in time and money... not to mention the poor roads and constant rain. I do enough sitting at home listening to the rain, drinking Guinness and wishing I was out on the bike as it is.