SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-03-08, 12:42 PM   #51
blueto

Default Re: whats ur biggest gripe about the uk?

my gripe about the UK is the amount of illegal immigrants.

They come to the uk, get a house, loads of dosh, never work and then feel hard done by!

WTF is that all about
Old 25-03-08, 01:02 PM   #52
glsuk1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
I love the UK!

Old 25-03-08, 01:21 PM   #53
plowsie

Quote:
I love the UK!
You bloody would
Old 25-03-08, 01:27 PM   #54
Welsh_Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Its called humor, you either find the style amusing or you dont unfortunately. It gets a point across which is the overall goal.
Thanks for the heads up...
Old 25-03-08, 02:01 PM   #55
krhall

it is the fact that the people who try to help themselves and be less of a burden on society, by having their own house, jobs etc. are penalised for it and get no tax breaks or benefits. Despite the fact that their living costs far exceed anyone who has a council house.

Then when they get a second job to try and help themselves further, they pay a basic rate tax and more national insurance which means that they have to work even more hours to try and make ends meet.

The country is stacked against law-abiding hard-working individuals! That is simply not fair..........
Old 25-03-08, 04:22 PM   #56
Ed

Quote:
I love the UK!
Only cos you're not here

###

Few comments above on council tax. Yes I live in a nice house but it's no mansion. £2,060.83 this year, it has more than doubled under the thieves we call a government. TWO BLOODY GRAND.

Last edited by Ed; 25-03-08 at 04:24 PM.
Old 25-03-08, 05:19 PM   #57
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
the thieves we call a government.
i totally agree Ed
Old 25-03-08, 10:21 PM   #58
-Ralph-

Crap education, crap healthcare, rip off taxes, weather, a society that no longer knows how to discipline it's kids, governments that do wtf they want regardless of how the public they are supposed to be serving feel about it, and governments departments that haemorrage money on unneccessary "consultants and project managers" that achieve nothing more than arguing and inventing red tape, and making government contractors very rich. (how come it costs us ten times more to build a mile of motorway or build a hospital than our Europeaan neighbours?)

Please don't tell me to vote for somebody else 'cos if the opposition gets into power they will do wtf they want too! It's the political landscape we live in.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 25-03-08 at 10:29 PM.
Old 25-03-08, 11:27 PM   #59
Razor

Have I mentioned I love it here and wouldn't have them change a thing?
Old 26-03-08, 12:20 AM   #60
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
it is the fact that the people who try to help themselves and be less of a burden on society, by having their own house, jobs etc. are penalised for it and get no tax breaks or benefits. Despite the fact that their living costs far exceed anyone who has a council house.

Then when they get a second job to try and help themselves further, they pay a basic rate tax and more national insurance which means that they have to work even more hours to try and make ends meet.

The country is stacked against law-abiding hard-working individuals! That is simply not fair..........
yup agree, I can't get by without overtime I try to get as, much as I can or to the point where I can't take working anymore, which I have reached I'm about to have some time off, thank god.

It used to what i earnt was a good amount of pay, but now I have no hope of buying somewhere or it does feel like that, I have live reasonably close to where I work casue of what I do.

What really ****es me off, is the people that do nothing that get a house THAT WE PAY FOR!! AlSO people coming coming into our country and get given a house, then some of them go against the very state that suppourts them.

It really winds me going out there dealing with people about moaning how they haven't got there benfits, or walking in someone house that is paid for them out right, and don't work. The fact I will never see 1/3 of what I earn at least!

While you have the rest of us doing 40+ hours a week just to get by, how is this right?