SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-10-09, 06:48 PM   #51
SVGrandad

Default Re: Fuel Tank Capacity & Reserve?

Hi All
Anybody know what happens to the injector pump on a pointy when you run out of fuel? Does it run dry, or is it protected in some way?

Cheers
SVGrandad
Old 18-10-09, 02:02 AM   #52
madnlooney

on my K3 i get about 125 miles before light comes on then i just go fill it up and pt about £12 in normally i think
Old 04-07-11, 06:23 PM   #53
kurtb

I was on the m25 last night and fuel light came on, 17 miles to my turn off, no services on the way and 3 miles to the garage after turning off.. so thats 20 miles on reserve and i made it..
Old 04-07-11, 07:36 PM   #54
muzikill
Mega Poster

k3. recently back on the road after a engine rebuild im sitting at 121 miles from a full tank and no light on yet... will repost when it hits the mark.... for you uk peeps it seems that average riding should work out to be around 10p per mile.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 08:49 PM   #55
Stonesie

Well on sundays rideout, which got 'progressive' in places I got just under 11 litres in the tank... After 162 miles, That was my 2nd fuel up of the day and Gaz on his K5 GSXR 750 was on his 3rd. I covered 270 miles that day.

Economy is about the only way the SV is better than the GSXR, maybe comfort but that's questionable.

EDIT

And noise, even he prefers the deep roar of my SV to the deafaning scream of the GSXR (he has stubbied his scorpion can about as far as possible)

Last edited by Stonesie; 04-07-11 at 08:53 PM.
Old 21-07-11, 02:46 PM   #56
muzikill
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikill View Post
k3. recently back on the road after a engine rebuild im sitting at 121 miles from a full tank and no light on yet... will repost when it hits the mark.... for you uk peeps it seems that average riding should work out to be around 10p per mile.
So, Light came on at the 139 miles mark. The k3 tank is 17 litrs in total. The light comes on when there is 4.2L left. Works out around 40 miles left to ride when the light is on. 180 miles from a tank in total.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 21-07-11 at 07:12 PM.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote