SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 06-08-09, 09:24 AM   #51
RichT

Default Re: August Camping Weekend @ Porlock chat / banter thread

Ok All - apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you.

I spoke to Roger at the campsite who explained they have a person there who tends to get the wrong end of the stick and said that we should have no problems booking.

I said we're a group, but didn't give an exact number and discussed the situation.

He's more than happy for us to stay and simply stressed that we abide by the campsite rules.

I made assurances that we would not be any trouble what-so-ever and that if they felt they had to ask one of us to leave then that would apply to the group.

Their main concern is noise - to which I offered a curfew on starting bikes after dark. He wasn't too bothered with this, just asked we be considerate to their other guests. I think it'd be the decent thing to do however.

I suggested he use my name as a reference - again he wasn't too bothered about it. (Richard Thoms)

Please just be polite when calling and if speaking with Sue, please assure her as best you can.

Hovis and Quiff - I said that we had two guys "denied" yesterday. He apologised and said you're more than welcome - just crossed wires.

Hope that clears thing's up. If we have any more issues I'll call and speak with Roger again.

Last edited by RichT; 06-08-09 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 09:25 AM   #52
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

mandy called this morning- spoke to the bloke..

all booked in no problem..

maybe is sue answers hang up..141 first lol

EDIT- I POSTED THIS BEFORE READIING RICH POST.. SO HIS SUPERCEDES MINE.. GOOD WORK SIR.!

Last edited by Quiff Wichard; 06-08-09 at 09:27 AM.
Quiff Wichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 09:26 AM   #53
RichT

Hahaha - nice work.

Hovis - No limit on numbers other than first come first serve with the site. Seems like good old Rog is answering the dog today, so might be a good idea to call now.

Don't forget to update T'OTHER thread as well.

One more thing - Roger said the rally field is unmarked and get's quite busy. He said that if we all want to be together we should try to arrive at the same time. Logistically that'll be quite difficult, so I suggest the first few that arrive space thing's out a touch so that when other's get there there's space.

Last edited by RichT; 06-08-09 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 10:01 AM   #54
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Nice Job, thanks for sorting out Mr Biscuit

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 10:07 AM   #55
RichT

DeNada
Old 06-08-09, 10:19 AM   #56
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post

One more thing - Roger said the rally field is unmarked and get's quite busy. He said that if we all want to be together we should try to arrive at the same time. Logistically that'll be quite difficult, so I suggest the first few that arrive space thing's out a touch so that when other's get there there's space.
I might see if there's any chance of the friday off work so i could get there early, that way i can set up camp with my tent and at least lay out the tents i'll be carrying for others so some space is saved.
Old 06-08-09, 10:33 AM   #57
the white rabbit

Lovely overall location.

The A39 is a bit of a PIA for those coming that way, lot's of 40s and double whites but once past Minehead you'll love the area.

Although many of the roads are not A roads they are still most suitable for sports bikes and even the small ones tend to have a decent surface on the moor, although twisty-turny in non-smooth ways but even so worth riding just to take in the views and scenery.

Make sure you pop down to Porlock Weir for 10 mins. Will be busy that weekend but try and ignore the car park and you can imagine being transported back to the time of sailboats and Smugglers. Very atmospheric when quiet (ie. winter!)

A loop taking in Quantocks* and Exmoor is nice (*although roads very narrow and a bit less sports bike friendly) and there is a great road connecting them via the Brendon Hills, even I enjoyed going fast on that one

Not around otherwise would pop by as down that way lots of weekends.

Have fun.

Last edited by the white rabbit; 06-08-09 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 10:44 AM   #58
RichT

Thanks for the info Rabbit... Shame you can't make it.
Old 06-08-09, 12:34 PM   #59
redlavachips

Camping & Rideout

1) Hvis
2) RichT (PAID)
3) MrsT (PAID)
4) Fizz
5) Diamond
6) phil24_7 (90%)
7) Widepants (90%)
8. Chompy (90%)
9). Viper(89%)
10). Mrs Viper(89%)
11). Kate Moss (90%)
12) redlavachips( if my bike hasnt blown up by then)
Rideout Only

1) Rich
2)
Old 06-08-09, 12:36 PM   #60
hovis

wrong thread fella, but i have added you to the right one

just spokr to roger and im in

happy days

Last edited by hovis; 06-08-09 at 12:50 PM.