SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-05-08, 06:54 PM   #51
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: NW Rideouts & accidents

A fair point re. self control.

No need to shout though, and I don't see anyone else getting upset.
Old 20-05-08, 06:57 PM   #52
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
A fair point re. self control.

No need to shout though, and I don't see anyone else getting upset.
yeah, er caps lock stuck on
Old 20-05-08, 06:58 PM   #53
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
I don't think it will cause bad feeling Neio, we're all sensible enough to have a discussion without it getting out of hand.

Like you said earlier i feel it could put off people from wanting to go on them.
Old 20-05-08, 07:32 PM   #54
Speedy Claire

I understand why you`re getting a bit annoyed Neio but I don`t think the thread will put any of us that have previously been on a NW rideout off going on another one. We all know what fun they are and how well we all get on. If people who have never been on one prefer to read the thread and judge the rideouts in any way other than:-
  • extremely well planned
  • extremely well organised
  • extremely good fun
  • all riding abilities taken into consideration and respected
then that`s their loss and their perogative.

As i`ve said those of us that have been on one or more will be very much looking forward to the next one...... despite the accidents

And personally I don`t think that we need more riders than have been on the last couple of rideouts.... too many people there and we become a target for the police etc.
Old 20-05-08, 07:33 PM   #55
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
I understand why you`re getting a bit annoyed Neio but I don`t think the thread will put any of us that have previously been on a NW rideout off going on another one. We all know what fun they are and how well we all get on. If people who have never been on one prefer to read the thread and judge the rideouts in any way other than:-
  • extremely well planned
  • extremely well organised
  • extremely good fun
  • all riding abilities taken into consideration and respected
then that`s their loss and their perogative.

As i`ve said those of us that have been on one or more will be very much looking forward to the next one...... despite the accidents
+1 - I'm just really upset that we can't make the next one. (If the current date stands)

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:37 PM   #56
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

at the end of the day, these weekends away are for fun. for me its to get away from work and doing the single mum stuck in the house thing. I go on the rides and meet ups to chill out and do something i love.
I think that a few people views have got slightly heated here.
I have been in the community for years, and have seen some people have some horrific accidents to some jolly well jammy ones, get injured or not injured, lose limbs not lose limbs....it goes with the territory wether it be in Wales or Timbucktoo...shiiit happens. I mean come on I'm attached to a wonky limb gang member....and its not the first or last accident on a bike....and each and every time its....shiit happens

I for instance will be going to the AR this year again, but, I won't be doing the rideout, unless I change my mind...reson being 298 miles to get there is a long way to go hedge hopping in somerset...lol
Im Indoors won't be either as his hips fooobarred
but we are adults and can think for ourselves and make judgement....nowt to do with experience or inability or because..ooooo I won't be going on that rideout I might have an off.

So guys, again I say shiit happens, theres no need to change the formula, the boys need to keep the testosterone down and need for speed to themselves and take a step back.

No one can make a judgement on fate I'm afraid, and the NW3 is a jolly good weekend, no need to change it into groups, nobody can make a decision on someone elses cabability.
Scenario......Drew rode behind me on the entire NW3, at one stop point he said he was going to go ahead of me, as he wanted to try a little faster riding..Ok, no worries I said to him. I don't mind I'm a slomo anyway
On the next stop off he said..Dizzy, I like riding behind you, its just a nice pace in this weather and your lines aren't bad either. I'm going to stay behind you.

the point...Drew knew his limits and bowed out gracefully, no pressure, no showing off no nothing

right I'm rambling now so I'm off

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:45 PM   #57
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Scenario......Drew rode behind me on the entire NW3, at one stop point he said he was going to go ahead of me, as he wanted to try a little faster riding..Ok, no worries I said to him. I don't mind I'm a slomo anyway
On the next stop off he said..Dizzy, I like riding behind you, its just a nice pace in this weather and your lines aren't bad either. I'm going to stay behind you.

the point...Drew knew his limits and bowed out gracefully, no pressure, no showing off no nothing
Tis true.........I didn't feel comfortable in that rain so backed off. I thanked Dizzy too as due to the pace being nice and relaxed it meant that I wasn't pushing my limits in rain.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 08:55 PM   #58
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Carey View Post
Tis true.........I didn't feel comfortable in that rain so backed off. I thanked Dizzy too as due to the pace being nice and relaxed it meant that I wasn't pushing my limits in rain.

yeah you have progressed a bit tho mate. It was all i could do to keep you behind me on the way to abber . But again i felt comfy and well with in my limits at the pace we were going at, and the pace i done all weekend.

I have come on a bit in my riding and i think the two NW ride outs i have been on this year has helped me a lot.
Old 20-05-08, 08:56 PM   #59
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Carey View Post
well living oooop norf ya kinda get used to riding in the rain, and I'm a long distance rain rider anyways....I didn't mind at all, I liked having you both in my mirror

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-08, 09:17 PM   #60
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

My 2p if I may...

Its not just the NW rideouts that people fall off on. People fall off motorbikes everyday of everyweek of every year. It happens.

I've been on two rideouts now where somebody has come off.

Hovis on the North / South Last year and also a young lad on one of the Rideouts around Devon last year to.

It happens. Its something that happens, you cant plan against, you can't avoid it, if you hang around bikers long enough, you'll meet somebody thats fallen off.

Its down to us as indviduals to make sure we ride correctly, leave enough space and dont get goaded ( which is f*cking easy to do ) into riding out of your comfort zone on roads you dont know. Not that I am saying this is the cause of these.

Edit : Dont split it up into groups, you'll get ego issues and toys out of prams where rider x thinks they should be in the fast group etc etc its just asking for hassle for the rideout organisers IMHO.

Threads like this are good they get it out in the open and you talk about things and it makes the next rideout go smoother and even better. I've got the AR to think about so its helped me a bit to.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 20-05-08 at 09:21 PM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote