SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-01-10, 08:30 PM   #51
Dal

Default Re: New Track Bike

I've found this thread quite interesting as I'm looking at going back to doing trackdays. I ride a 2007 Tuono on the road. In the past I've had a ZXR400H2 / Suzuki TL1000 and an 2001 R6 as track bikes the ZXR was the most fun but you soon get cheesed off with the bigger bikes passing you again as soon as you get to a straight, The TL was nice and grunty but just didn't suit my riding style the R6 was the best compromise. A friend of mine also had a TL which he also used on the road so he knew the bike really well. When we did Snetterton last year he was so much faster it was unreal A few months later we did Brands Indy and he couldn't get close.

The thing I always look at is weight the lighter the bike the better as it takes less effort to throw around and you can out break alot of litre bikes and they also have to wait until the bikes more upright before piling on the power.

But I guess most of this will come down to budget, for me I also have to consider weight and seat heigh (being a short ****)