SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-08-08, 10:26 PM   #51
wyrdness

Default Re: Suzuki GSXR750 K6-7 vs Suzuki Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
PR2's. Youll get all the grip you need and a lot of milage (mile has done 6K and its still good) out of them too. I love mine... oh and dont take notice of the "sports touring" label they have, the manufacturer recomends them for anyone except the trackers where the sportier tyre will make the odds.

I regularly use the edge of mine and its never thrown a paddy.
I was going to suggest Pilot Powers. I won't use anything else on the Speed Triple and they've saved me a few times where I'd almost certainly been off had I been using lesser tyres. Haven't tried the Pilot Road 2's to see how they compare.
Old 22-08-08, 10:28 PM   #52
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness View Post
I was going to suggest Pilot Powers. I won't use anything else on the Speed Triple and they've saved me a few times where I'd almost certainly been off had I been using lesser tyres. Haven't tried the Pilot Road 2's to see how they compare.

Offs? How?

My old man has a Sprint ST and uses the PR2 too. He seems to like his.

Most people say the sportier tyre warms up a little too slow (slower than the sports touring) and so can cause issues through that...
Old 22-08-08, 11:18 PM   #53
Ed

Quote:
How many miles you done though?
About 3,000, so not many. But time enough for a problem to show I would have thought?

I know you've all seen this before. But I love this pic. Decision made, I'd have thought!

Last edited by Ed; 22-08-08 at 11:21 PM.
Old 23-08-08, 06:21 AM   #54
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
About 3,000, so not many. But time enough for a problem to show I would have thought?

I know you've all seen this before. But I love this pic. Decision made, I'd have thought!

I cant see the pic (at work).

Im not sure, sounds as though the valve may not like dirt and water if its seizing. So it might be when you ride it I dont know. He might just be unlucky. Might be like the Aprilia's, not common at all but people still dont want to take even such a small risk, could it all be Japanese properganda?
Old 23-08-08, 10:45 AM   #55
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Quote:
I cant see the pic (at work).
Im not sure, sounds as though the valve may not like dirt and water if its seizing. So it might be when you ride it I dont know. He might just be unlucky. Might be like the Aprilia's, not common at all but people still dont want to take even such a small risk, could it all be Japanese properganda?
He does ride it in the wet, it's not a dry sunny sunday only bike, I've asked him how many miles he's got on it and if despite the exhaust he'd still recommend it...

EDIT: 8500 and "Yes, its a lovely piece of machinery I like it enough to consider
making my own front pipe if/when it fails again..."

Druid

Last edited by fastdruid; 23-08-08 at 11:20 AM.
fastdruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-08, 01:38 PM   #56
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
He's now on a K4 GSXR 1000
Neil told us it was a K3 mate

There's not a cat in hells chance I'd have kept up with him anywhere on the circuit if he was really going for it. A) Due to his skill B) Due to that 1000cc's. I was having to really rag the 600 to keep up.

Get the 750, you know it makes sense!

+1 on the slipper clutch if you can get a bike with one. I would have had the back end all over the place when changing down for some of those downhill corners on the ring, the slipper clutch took my mind off it and allowed me to concentrate on holding the right line
Old 23-08-08, 07:36 PM   #57
jumjum_0214

I like the look of them both but favour the gixxer...... Theres just something in the back of my mind telling me the trumpet might be un-reliable being British and all.

I think the gixxer looks better too

I haven't ridden either of them and probably wont for quite some time

Its your choice though mate and as already said you wont know which one to go for until you have tried them both So go for it!!!!
Old 23-08-08, 09:22 PM   #58
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumjum_0214 View Post
the trumpet might be un-reliable being British and all.

Must explain why mine keeps breaking down. It has never broken down, always started first time, and does what I ask it to do. 100% reliable.

Are you British, jumjum? Are you unreliable? In what ways?
Old 23-08-08, 09:31 PM   #59
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Must explain why mine keeps breaking down. It has never broken down, always started first time, and does what I ask it to do. 100% reliable.

Are you British, jumjum? Are you unreliable? In what ways?
Annoying isnt it... I get it all the time too.
Old 24-08-08, 11:24 AM   #60
chakraist

I'd get the 675, because it's a stunningly beautiful bike, fast enough for what you want, suits taller riders and has a reliability level (from reading through the 675 forums) that's not quite on the jap bikes, but close enough. How many triumph dealers/all round good service places are in Holland?

Oh, and about using oil, my bike has used 500ml in about 7000 miles (my 650)