SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-01-21, 09:06 AM   #51
Bri w

Default Re: Risky business?

I've just skim read through the thread, apologies if I've missed a post detailing the level of the dose given if its moved out to 12 weeks.

Basically, there were 3 options considered. Low first dose, high second dose. medium-medium. high 1st, low 2nd. The change in shifting to a 12 week gap also sees a shift to a higher first dose, lower second dose.

In an ideal world, giving a low first dose also gives the opportunity to highlight those that will react adversely to it without them receiving too high a dose. However, on the issue of reactions to the vaccine. Typically, there are between 1% and 2% adverse reactions to vaccines every year. Although early days, the number of adverse reactions to the Covid vaccine is below 1%.

Safety; with almost 30 years experience of working for and with the NHS I've come across the MHRA(Medical devices directorate) and NICE(National Institute of Clinical Excellence) on a significant number of occasions. I worked closely with the MHRA on numerous investigations, attended Coroner's Courts etc. They've said the vaccine is safe, and that's more than good enough for me.

If/when offered the vaccine I'll be saying yes please.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 06:15 PM   #52
ethariel

Default Re: Risky business?

At the end of the day, I'll take what ever is offered that gives me a fighting chance of getting out of the house after 10 months of working from home.

All I can hope is that ignoring manufacturers advice and spreading the shots out over 12 weeks instead of 3 does not bollox everything up completely!
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote