SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-09-08, 04:02 PM   #51
Sean_C

Default Re: Crashed SVS to Cafe Racer..

Brackets were 30 quid form here:

http://www.streetfighterstore.co.uk/...s_polished/599

The light was 35 from busters. 7inch chrome light with a peak

More money spent:
30 brackets
35 light
15 front indys
20 black footpegs
15 gear lever
35 LHS hanger

Another 150 there..

And spending another few hundred this weekend on an Ohlins
Old 18-09-08, 04:19 PM   #52
plowsie

I have some brackets if you want some Grant? For a headlight I would assume... Will take some piccys and you can see if you like them mate...

EDIT: Mine will fit the standard SV and possibly a USD as they have a changeable size. Never been used cos i took the headlight straight off...

Last edited by plowsie; 18-09-08 at 04:24 PM.
Old 18-09-08, 04:22 PM   #53
Sean_C

You can get cheaper brackets, but there aren't many people that make them to suit USD forks as big as the srad gsxr 750
Old 18-09-08, 05:22 PM   #54
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I have some brackets if you want some Grant? For a headlight I would assume... Will take some piccys and you can see if you like them mate...

EDIT: Mine will fit the standard SV and possibly a USD as they have a changeable size. Never been used cos i took the headlight straight off...
Thanks Stu - if they are in good nick then that maybe a good option. I am leaving the standard forks on the bike for now.
Old 18-09-08, 08:48 PM   #55
plowsie

They are mate, used them on the CBR once then ripped them off cos i got my retro headlight lol.
Old 19-09-08, 12:47 PM   #56
Jase22

re brake reservoir, Rizoma ones are a better option IMO

Bit pricey, but there's generally decent discount at bike shows.
Old 19-09-08, 10:54 PM   #57
Tilt

looks a very handsome cafe racer Sean.

High headlight and mc reservoir are fine IMO.

What thread size are the screws/sets holding the dash assy on. I have a load of St St stuff you can use instead of those slotted head screws. Whole box of M6 domed head st st bolts.

Maybe a high gloss black tank and some form of new rear subframe with pointy rear plastic (in black of course) would turn it into some thing very original.
Old 20-09-08, 11:35 AM   #58
thedonal

That's gorgeous- I'm well chuffed for ya!

Just one question- how do the dropped cafe style clipons affect the feel when turning? I've never ridden one, but they must affect things when your turning the wheel at slow speeds, as they look like the angle your hands sit at will be quite different.
Old 20-09-08, 03:38 PM   #59
Sean_C

Clip-ons are about the same as when I had SV clip ons- don't have a problem at all.

Cheers Tilt- I'll have a look when I get a chance (probably monday afetr work), and get back to you

Unfortunately when I got to Pete and Lissa's this morning, I heard a rattling, like a load of nails in a tin can.. The LHS brake disc (brand new) has completely failed. Pete can explain it better that me though.. All the rivets are loose and the shim coming out
Old 20-09-08, 05:51 PM   #60
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Unfortunately when I got to Pete and Lissa's this morning, I heard a rattling, like a load of nails in a tin can.. The LHS brake disc (brand new) has completely failed. Pete can explain it better that me though.. All the rivets are loose and the shim coming out
A pic is worth a thousand words. "Phew!" I hear you all cry

The "shim", for want of a better word, has come virtually out on this bobbin and presumabily has stressed the other bobbins as the disc is so loose and rattling. Hopefullly Michelle at Robinsons will replacethe disc no problem.