SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-03-13, 01:51 PM   #51
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Amitriptyline

No doors in your house ?
I'm sending Tigger round to toughen up your soft pets.
He loves to get out even if its snowing.
Tell them to Man up !
Old 13-03-13, 07:26 PM   #52
Speedy Claire

lmao at the dreams LPH..... I can fully empathise cos most mornings I wake up and think WTF!!! why on earth did I dream that??!!?? I believe I also chatter away in my sleep about the most absurd things!! I know it`s down to the amitriptyline tho and the benefits far outweigh the bad dreams.

I think medication and a persons ability to take that medication will always be individual to the person taking it Every persons body will have it`s own unique way of absorbing and responding to it... Some people will get side effects yet others won`t. I currently take 8 tramadol a day and 2 amitriptyline together with Dualoxetine (an anti depressant which I take for it`s pain relieving properties) I function well, I go to work and the medication has no effect on me yet other people wouldn`t be able to take 2 tramadol without having the stuffing knocked out of them and keeling over.

Every 6 months I attend a pain clinic which is really helpful cos they`re always coming up with new medicines and ideas. I am also about to attend a workshop on how to live with chronic pain so if I get any good tips I`ll pass them on.
Old 13-03-13, 09:26 PM   #53
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Tramadol made Stu really sick when he took 2 by accident thinking they were paracetamol yet they gave me and my mum no nasty side effects.

Talking of which I've just been to watch Side Effects at the cinema. Good movie. Very twisty plot.
Old 13-03-13, 10:44 PM   #54
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
lmao at the dreams LPH..... I can fully empathise cos most mornings I wake up and think WTF!!! why on earth did I dream that??!!?? I believe I also chatter away in my sleep about the most absurd things!! I know it`s down to the amitriptyline tho and the benefits far outweigh the bad dreams.

I think medication and a persons ability to take that medication will always be individual to the person taking it Every persons body will have it`s own unique way of absorbing and responding to it... Some people will get side effects yet others won`t. I currently take 8 tramadol a day and 2 amitriptyline together with Dualoxetine (an anti depressant which I take for it`s pain relieving properties) I function well, I go to work and the medication has no effect on me yet other people wouldn`t be able to take 2 tramadol without having the stuffing knocked out of them and keeling over.

Every 6 months I attend a pain clinic which is really helpful cos they`re always coming up with new medicines and ideas. I am also about to attend a workshop on how to live with chronic pain so if I get any good tips I`ll pass them on.
Ferrk me! I have a red wristband in hospital as one co codamol knocks me unconscious. Don't even go asking about tramadol, i'd be rendered a dribbling mess on one tab!

As you say, different people react differently. I can really only take the equivalent of a child's dose to get benefit from some drugs, as adult sized are totally unacceptable. I rarely take anything these days, one paracetamol works wonders.
I think somewhere its been mentioned that the level of hypermobility I have has some bearing on how sensitive to medication I am.......and also pain levels. After all, I walked round with a spinal fracture as if it was a strain, and was misdiagnosed for almost a year. By which time it was too late for any beneficial treatment as I'd dealt with it myself.

Plus side is being drug free at giving birth

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-13, 11:06 PM   #55
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Every time they give me morphine in hospital I itch all over. Easily solved by pumping in a load of piriton straight after but I've no idea why it happens. I also get a huge craving for custard after a general anaesthetic.
Old 13-03-13, 11:16 PM   #56
Teejayexc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Every time they give me morphine in hospital I itch all over. Easily solved by pumping in a load of piriton straight after but I've no idea why it happens. I also get a huge craving for custard after a general anaesthetic.
With or without rhubarb?
Old 13-03-13, 11:24 PM   #57
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
With or without rhubarb?

Piriton makes me sleep. If I take an antihistamine one dose tab, I have to rake it at night. I'm usually functional by 3pm the day after!
I fight pre meds and get exceedingly emotional, and usually coming round from a general I'm disturbingly violent. I have no idea why, and its not a particularly pleasant experience for me at all

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 08:48 PM   #58
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I saw my doc today. The migraines have come back, though the Sumatriptan helps, but I'm sure my insomnia had been made worse by taking Amitrityline, I've been getting dizzy and it's made me gain so much weight I feel like a right chubster! Gone up to 8 st 9 lbs.

So now trying Proprananol. A beta blocker.
Old 07-10-13, 08:54 PM   #59
Bibio
Mega Poster

please watch those beta blockers, they drove me off my nut and i became very very aggressive. if you find silly things starting to irritate you and your mood gets a bit angry about it then bets it's the blockers.

i'm not trying to be funny but have you been of an MRI or angiogram?

ask your partner to keep an eye on you for bouts of euphoria.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 05:08 AM   #60
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I have taken Proprananol before but only in short bursts, not long enough for any real side effects.

The migraines are definitely caused by a rise in one hormone and drop in another. I'm lucky that I never get PMT moodiness, just migraines, but if I take an axe to Chris8886's head next time he's annoying me I can in court blame it on the drugs