SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-03-09, 01:29 PM   #51
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pass A New Law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post

I would now like to pass a law

All men should be tied to the kitchen sink, wearing nothing more than an apron.

If its good enough for them to require it, its good enough for the burds
Great! What's the salary?
Old 04-03-09, 01:34 PM   #52
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

you get to sit in the coal hol and be fed nothing but PINS???.....

I dunno, errrr suggestions please

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 01:41 PM   #53
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
nope doesn't make it any better. No offense but you look a very young lassie, you've yet to step into the real world of kids, jobs, homes, real life etc etc.
I spent 3 years at the beginning of my sons life unemployed. I chose that as a mother. Granted I own my house, but I claimed incapacity as I fractured my spine. I also recieved income support after the time ended on incapacity. I'm no scrounger. How would you like to categorise people in similar situations?

Sorry your still generalising. Don't think about standing for council...i wouldn't vote for you!

Hmmm, this one can be a sticky issue! I agree with both sides as I think most tax payers would. It's not just young people that can be misguided in categorising people. Everybody needs to look at all sides of a situation before forming an opinion.

Milky bar Kid, yes, I too am annoyed at having to watch SOME (cetainly not all) of the people that are on benefits, use money that we give in taxes to have the kind of things in life that we have to work for. However, to make it clear, the people I am talking about are the people who choose not to work, have children, have Sky+ and a Wii and smoke and drink in excess, all the while, their children are on the poverty line with badly fitting shoes and clothes and being shown no aspirations in life.
I have mentioned this in another thread that I personally would like to see a system where if you are a person in this situation, you could have food stamps/vouchers so that the money from the state was being used for the intended purpose and that the social services ensured that all children were kept in clothes and shoes that fit, had access to all the learning materials they needed, out of school activities etc. If you are perfectly fit and capable of working, but choose not to and have no reason not to, then any money from the state should be used for necessary purchases, not luxury ones. It's not for me to say that if you're on benefits you shouldn't smoke or drink.....that's a personal choice. I would just like to see a system where children were protected and provided for as a priority.

Dizzyblonde, I also totally agree with you. The whole reason the benefits system was put in place was to support people, like you, who needed it, benefitted from it and did not take advantage of it. I actually think there are many people out there that do not get nearly enough.
Take carers for an example. Some say they don't work.....I say they work 24 hours a day, 7 days week and therefore far more than most people. Yet they get an appauling level of support. Councils show off that they give these carers one afternoon off a week, but we all know that when you have the full time responsibility of caring for someone, one afternoon does not amount to anything valuable or useful.

If you suffer an injury, have a child, a mental illness, are made redundant, care for others and many other circumstances....you should absolutely be able to call upon the government for help, support and assistance.
My only beef is with the people who are proud to manipulate the system and have us finance their lives, while their children go without. This is not a generalisation or categorisation....it is aimed at a very specific group of people and they make up a very small proportion of those claiming benefits.

I think what we all need to remember is, no matter the situation or circumstance, we should try and understand the opinions of others before we cast judgement on them.

None of know when we will need to call upon this support and when we do, we will feel rightly entitled to it, so lets not go on a witch hunt here!
Old 04-03-09, 01:46 PM   #54
Milky Bar Kid

+1
Old 04-03-09, 01:48 PM   #55
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
LOADS OF STUFF
Come visit my thread

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 02:22 PM   #56
Miss Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Fat women dressed in skimpy clothing to be classed as grievous bodily harm.
LOL - how funny..!

I think my law would be...

all TV programmes and films (including those at the cinema) have to have subtitles otherwise they cannot be aired.

The same goes for DVD's (yes I know they have subtitles but some sneaky comapnies such as aardman - creature comforts - dont put them on!)
Old 04-03-09, 02:54 PM   #57
Odin

For all pubs and curry houses to be open 24hours a day, 7 days a week......mmmmmm endless beer and curry mmmmmmmm
Old 04-03-09, 02:57 PM   #58
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

All roads must be twisty and made outta the same stuff they use on tracks and Sundays are bikes only day
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 08:14 PM   #59
Gene genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Alpinestarhero View Post
LOL - how funny..!

I think my law would be...

all TV programmes and films (including those at the cinema) have to have subtitles otherwise they cannot be aired.

The same goes for DVD's (yes I know they have subtitles but some sneaky comapnies such as aardman - creature comforts - dont put them on!)
why?
i tend to read them and miss watching the film.
Old 04-03-09, 08:15 PM   #60
Gene genie

Quote:

I would now like to pass a law

All men should be tied to the kitchen sink, wearing nothing more than an apron.
you been spying on me?