SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Is she right?
Yes, they should be banned, so should hats, beards etc 17 38.64%
No, what a load of crap 18 40.91%
Typical BBC... 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-05-05, 02:57 PM   #51
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Like lee most days, hence his disgust
You're just jealous that I have hair...
That may be so, but i have a hoodie, and im gonn happy slap you around guilford all day long...you have been warned
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-05, 03:28 PM   #52
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep
If it was up to me I'd round the flippin lot of them up and burn 'em!
Yeah at last A voice of reason amongst all this hand-wringing inclusive liberalism. Hoodies; quick and painless shot between the eyes*, nuff said, end of.

*I'm not cruel, I wouldn't wish to prolong their suffering, or indeed mine, which is why they should all be shot.

But why stop there? I propose one more category we could add to the "burn 'em" list:

Chavvy Nova drivers with baseball caps that aren't on straight. Frankly this phenomenon worries me, you don't know which way is forwards but you'll still drive, scary.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-05, 03:48 PM   #53
Sudoxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep
If it was up to me I'd round the flippin lot of them up and burn 'em!
Yeah at last A voice of reason amongst all this hand-wringing inclusive liberalism. Hoodies; quick and painless shot between the eyes*, nuff said, end of.

*I'm not cruel, I wouldn't wish to prolong their suffering, or indeed mine, which is why they should all be shot.

But why stop there? I propose one more category we could add to the "burn 'em" list:

Chavvy Nova drivers with baseball caps that aren't on straight. Frankly this phenomenon worries me, you don't know which way is forwards but you'll still drive, scary.
I see you share my views on the subject at hand then.

Dan
Old 13-05-05, 03:51 PM   #54
Sudoxe

Quote:
I'll bring a hoodie to the next SelKent meet then
And i'll bring my (eleastic band) gun.
Old 13-05-05, 03:52 PM   #55
Flamin_Squirrel

Since when do you ever come to the selkent meets
Old 13-05-05, 04:44 PM   #56
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe
Quote:
I'll bring a hoodie to the next SelKent meet then
And i'll bring my (eleastic band) gun.
Whimp!

*Loads Uzi clips with Depleted uranium tipped shells*

Lee has come to a couple of meets, but a bit like the Soho meets, he gets scared of traffic and has to go home, with some feeble excuse of having to see the girlfriend!!!...like thats a truth
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-05, 05:28 PM   #57
Warren

i think people are missing the point here,

why ban hoodies ? they are an item of clothing, they are harmless to no one,

the majority of hoodie wearers arnt the problem, its the chavs that wear them.

why not just ban chavs ? it would be so embarrasing for me to get thrown out of a shopping centre cos i have a hoodie on. ( i do wear hoodies, just not with the hood up.)

its a discrace that its come down to this, the goverment needs to strike at the route of the problem . . . not just a backlash of it.
Old 13-05-05, 05:39 PM   #58
Couerdelion

At the end of the day this is a private company who wants to limit the amount of customers who will shop there. You want to wear a hoodie? fine, just shop somewhere else.

If you saw someone walking towards you wearing a balaclava, in the middle of summer, you would be a bit worried.... why? because they are hiding their face. Why do the groups of lads wearing hoodies and caps feel the same need? I know that 90% of them wouldn't cause harm but it's to protect people from the other 10% why the ban is being enforced.

I'm completely against a nanny state but then it could be argued that I should be able to walk around town with a stanley knife in my pocket. You never know when I might need to sharpen a pencil, and anyone who says I can;t walk around with a stanley knife is just infringing my civil liberties.
Old 13-05-05, 05:40 PM   #59
Carsick

******** to the whole thing.
First we're not allowed to walk around showing as much of our body as we like, now we're being told we have to show bits of our body.
Just leave stuff like this alone and sort out the actual ****s causing the problem. Like a few have said, it's got nothing to do with what they wear, they will still be ****s if you banned them from wearing clothes completely and used the freckles on their todger to identify them.
Bunch of authoritarian crap.

Btw, I do agree with shooting most of the chavs on site.
Old 13-05-05, 05:44 PM   #60
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couerdelion
Why do the groups of lads wearing hoodies and caps feel the same need? I know that 90% of them wouldn't cause harm but it's to protect people from the other 10% why the ban is being enforced.
never been to essex then ?