SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 19-06-06, 01:32 PM   #591
Peter Henry

Jordan..The other similar incident was in The States. Some kind of Supersport type race.

Drew...KR team have been given a big leg up by Honda and have apparently all kinds of chassis goodies for Assen,some were used this weekend and you have to say that old salad dodger had gone very well in practice.

Basket I think my defence of Sete is beginning to seem like a voice in the wilderness! I do not for one second think Max,(even though I would love to see it) will be getting the call! If Troy is not doing anything next week,who knows? :P

Colin Edwards must be a little p*ssed to not even feature with as BB mentions hardly any competition left on the track?(I think Supervox will be having strong words with him and removing his posters from the bedroom wall!)

Old 19-06-06, 01:33 PM   #592
tricky

Sounds like Melandri is in a pretty bad way.

Link

Hedgehog boy ?

Old 19-06-06, 02:30 PM   #593
Peter Henry

Marco has sore neck and dislocated shoulder plus a few grazes,not nice but certainly not that bad. You know what these Italians are like? You ever seen them get kicked when playing football?

Old 19-06-06, 04:51 PM   #594
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Taken from the Eurosport website :-

Of the three riders wiped out in the first corner carnage at the Catalan Grand Prix, it appears as though Loris Capirossi has come off best and could well return to action at next weekend's Assen TT. However, Sete Gibernau and Marco Melandri are doubtful after both riders broke collarbones.

The crash, which claimed a total of five riders, left Capirossi battered and bruised, Gibernau suffering concussion and a fractured left collarbone and Marco Melandri suffering concussion and a dislocated shoulder.

Capirossi underwent scans to his chest to check that the crash hadn't aggravated the injuries he sustained in a crash during last October's Australian GP, and also to his abdomen, because he was struck in that area during today's accident. None of the scans gave any cause for concern and he could be fit for next weekend's Dutch TT at Assen.

Unfortunately, this is the worst moment of the season to sustain an injury, with three races over three weekends and another two over the next three weekends," said team boss Livio Suppo. "Maybe Loris will be able to race at Assen but we can't be sure when Sete will be ready."

Gibernau was less lucky, twice! The Spaniard fractured his left collarbone and will need to have a plate replaced, but due to his concussion, surgeons will have to wait 24 Hours. The Spaniard was later involved in a second accident when the ambulance was involved in a minor accident with a bus just 50 metres from the hospital entrance.
Italian Marco Melandri is also doubtful for next Saturday's Assen TT after he dislocated a collarbone and suffered concussion. "I didn't get away from the line well but I made up a few positions and then the crash - I don't remember anything else," Melandri said.

"I've got a lot of pain coming from my shoulder but I am conscious and my memory should improve over time," he added. "I want to say thanks to Doctor Costa and all the Clinica Mobile staff who looked after me and stayed by my side."

The incident has cost Capirossi and Melandri dearly as both riders lost significant ground in the title chase, and with Melandri set to miss the next round, his campaign has been severely set back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Not sure why Super felt Sete made a mistake? He came along side his slower team mate?
Surely you answered your own question Peter ? Loris was in front - therefore Sete should have seen where he was in relation to where he himself was heading.

If the reports are correct & Sete clipped Loris with his front brake lever then the only alternative to a mistake by Sete would be if Loris had been braking (ie slowing down) at the time - not a likely scenario is it ?? :P
Old 19-06-06, 06:03 PM   #595
kwak zzr

Old 20-06-06, 03:20 AM   #596
PeterM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
One thing that confused me about the race is why was Vermulan allowed to take his place on the grid after stalling but Nakano was supposed to go to the back of the grid? Seems very unfair to me.
Nakano did a jump start on the restart and did not come ini for his ride through penalty. CV's bike stalled on approach to the grid and for safety the start was aborted, bike restarted re-grid & go. What's unfair about that?

Old 20-06-06, 08:18 AM   #597
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
One thing that confused me about the race is why was Vermulan allowed to take his place on the grid after stalling but Nakano was supposed to go to the back of the grid? Seems very unfair to me.
Nakano did a jump start on the restart and did not come ini for his ride through penalty. CV's bike stalled on approach to the grid and for safety the start was aborted, bike restarted re-grid & go. What's unfair about that?
Not according to the commentators on Eurosport, they said he didn't jump start but that he should have taken a position at the rear of the grid (as opposed to his qualifying position) after having to start from the pit lane when his bike overheated due to the delay caused by Vermulan stalling. As far as I see it both bike had to be hauled of the grid so why was one allowed to keep his position and the other wasn’t?

Old 20-06-06, 11:35 AM   #598
Peter Henry

According to Randy de Puniet poor old Sete though consciuos when lying in the kitty litter after the crash, was talking a lot of Gibberish! After all that was a hefty bang on the head at 120mph plus.

Old 20-06-06, 03:06 PM   #599
Peter Henry

Well none of us saw that one coming!

Alex Hoffman steps from the D'Antin Team and the 2005 Ducati bike to take Sete's place! Tough call for him,but if he can't look good on that bike then.....

No-one apart from Supervox could have been happier about getting this ride!

BTW....Just shows the big difference in tyre technology. The Tech 3 Yamaha's and the D'Antin Ducati's are always way off the pace due to their Dunlops. In all I think Carlos is doing a fantastic job considering the quality rubber he is used to?

Old 20-06-06, 06:16 PM   #600
kwak zzr

edwards is back to WSB isnt he? well anyone would look bad with rossi as a team mate

Closed Thread