SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 20-06-06, 07:04 PM   #601
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
edwards is back to WSB isnt he? well anyone would look bad with rossi as a team mate
I dont think he's signed anything yet has he. I am sure that was just a rumour in MCN.

Apparently honda are keen to have him back.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 20-06-06, 08:07 PM   #602
kwak zzr

edwards should shine again in WSB.

Old 20-06-06, 08:09 PM   #603
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
edwards should shine again in WSB.
It would be ace to see him and Bayliss battling out again in WSB

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 20-06-06, 08:17 PM   #604
kinesin

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
Not according to the commentators on Eurosport, they said he didn't jump start but that he should have taken a position at the rear of the grid (as opposed to his qualifying position) after having to start from the pit lane when his bike overheated due to the delay caused by Vermulan stalling. As far as I see it both bike had to be hauled of the grid so why was one allowed to keep his position and the other wasn’t?
Vermulan was allowed to keep his place on the gird as he didn't switch bikes. Nakano's bike popped a hose/blew the rad and was steaming/leaking water on the gird and they switched bikes afaik.
Switching bikes is only allowed if it's a full restart (i.e full race distance) or it's wet race / wet race flag comes out during the race (and even then tyres must be different to original)

Old 20-06-06, 08:29 PM   #605
creamerybutter

Ahh I thought he came back out on the same bike.

Old 20-06-06, 11:05 PM   #606
Peter Henry

I am convinced Colin will be away to WSB next season. The guy has pride and is a proven winner. He can't be taking to being Valentino's stool pigeon too well tbh.

Would be ace if Honda bring out an SP3 for him to go play with the REAL Troy next season!

Old 21-06-06, 07:29 AM   #607
Topcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
It would be ace to see him and Bayliss battling out again in WSB
Peter Henry wrote :

Quote:
Would be ace if Honda bring out an SP3 for him to go play with the REAL Troy next season!
If that wrere the case then i'm booking my tickets for Imola NOW ! Quite simply one THE best races / finishes to a championship ever . Still love watching the video of it four years later , just fantastic .

Old 21-06-06, 10:30 AM   #608
Filipe M.

Any news yet on who might replace Melandri if his neck doesn't get better?

Old 21-06-06, 11:38 AM   #609
Peter Henry

Filipe..Marco is travelling to Assen and a decision will be held until the last minute. There is a possibility that Elias will be Fortuna Honda's only runner in Moto GP this weekend. After all they are a satellite team and politics might be a little different for drafting another rider in? I could be completely wrong though.

Sad news for Supervox as Sete's surgeon has suggested after the procedure to insert a larger titanium platein his damaged shoulder, that recuperation is likely to be 3 to 5 weeks. That would mean of course that Supervox would be unable to cheer him on at Donington. :P

Old 21-06-06, 12:11 PM   #610
The Basket

Any news on new riders coming in as last minute replacements?

Ducati should get an Italian rider methinks....speak the lingo, not far to travel. If only there was an Italian former world champ just waiting with nothing to do.

Still not watched the Catalan GP yet...still waiting for a eurosport slot Bloody World Cup Football and Tennis.

Closed Thread