SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-09-09, 06:35 PM   #631
Jabba

Default Re: Football banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz View Post
So, yet again at Old Trafford, the referee lets the clock run until United score a winner.
He added on time to the allocated 4mins to account for City's prolonged celebrations after their equaliser

Hell of a game though - can't wait for MOTD tonight....... an exiled Liverpudlian brought in on a free transfer scores the winner for the red Mancs - unbelievable

Very disappointed with the fans' reaction to Carlos Tevez though. He gave 100% every time he played for us, and gave 100% for City today. Top player IMHO.
Old 20-09-09, 08:38 PM   #632
Thingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post

Very disappointed with the fans' reaction to Carlos Tevez though. He gave 100% every time he played for us, and gave 100% for City today. Top player IMHO.

+1 too right, wasn't sure if they'd boo or cheer him but it was kinda hostile :<
He played it well though, didn't milk it, celebrate too much or 'do an Adebayor'.
Old 20-09-09, 09:34 PM   #633
Owenski

i respect Tevez as a player an a person after today must take some stones to keep smiling through all that. Especially when it was the club which let him down and not the other way around.
Old 20-09-09, 09:40 PM   #634
Thingus

I only think he was booed because he didnt' wanna upset the fans by going to Liverpoo, but felt it absolutely fine to go to City O.O if he went to Chelsea or somethin' nobody would care i imagine.

That poster probably didn't do him any good either doubt that had anythin' to do with him tho.
Old 21-09-09, 10:25 AM   #635
suzijax

As a newbie here thought i would let you all know im a Leeds utd fan have been for nearly 30 years. I go to most games (even though this season not too many as hubby lost his job and we lost our home ) so money is a tad tight to have two expensive hobbies (bikes and footy ) I live in Cheshire and when i was at school decided to support Leeds after watching them play Stoke in the 70's all my brothers were disgusted that i chose The mighty whites over the likes of Man U and Lpool but thats why i did it so i wasnt following all the other sheep around our area.
Old 21-09-09, 10:47 AM   #636
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzijax View Post
As a newbie here.....
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzijax View Post
....thought i would let you all know im a Leeds utd fan have been for nearly 30 years.
We all have our crosses to bear
Old 21-09-09, 11:19 AM   #637
suzijax

Ha ha thanks mate
Old 21-09-09, 12:03 PM   #638
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
Welcome

We all have our crosses to bear

Oi Jabba we'll have a less! Nothing wrong with the mighty whites.
Dont listen to him Oldskool he's tainted by the (red) devil.

Welcome (ps good team choice). Looking forward to Tuesday night to see how are current side compears against a strong side like Liverpool.
Old 21-09-09, 12:49 PM   #639
suzijax

Lol i might of guessed
I hope and pray we beat them we have so many plastic scousers that have never been to a match living near me so apart from the obvious i NEED us to win lol
Old 21-09-09, 02:32 PM   #640
Owenski

Im just worried that in the event of a loss, we'll lose the form we've have in the season. It happens all to often doesnt it. I dont really want us to go on a decent cup run. We need the league more dont want to tire our players out for what may as well be a lost cause.