SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-05-10, 11:05 PM   #641
thedonal

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameboy View Post
http://img8.imageshack.us/i/image026qb.jpg/
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/image027he.jpg/

The image of the seat isnt on the camera for some reason but I'll get another one tomorrow and post it. there's a hole in the indicator where it has been melted and the exhaust was fully painted, not such a big deal with the exhaust as it is damaged, but still it has come back with further damage.

RH thinks the damages are most likely caused by the bike being in fixed position during the dyno.
Bloody hell- and have they even verbally apologised?

I'd be foaming at the mouth...
Old 02-05-10, 11:18 PM   #642
nik_nunez

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

i dont think i would have taken the bike with that much damage on it. this whole situation has gone for a bad one to a totally shocking one, i cant even belive all this has happened. I hope you get your bike sorted
Old 03-05-10, 01:38 AM   #643
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by james160987 View Post
mmmmmm really?, so everyone that takes there bike for a dyno run comes away with burnt indicators, and exhaust??? not to put doubt in peoples mind but really come on, ( i hope it isnt true , i want mine dynoed soon)
Short answer, no. Only 'damage' a dyno has done to my bikes is its marked the tyre, no more than say doing a wet session on a tyre that has previously been used in the dry[1].

Druid

[1] Although as previosly mentioned there may be internal damage, I have a spare tyre/wheel just for the dyno.
Old 03-05-10, 08:22 AM   #644
rowdy

I have stayed out of here because I can offer no more advice than has been given on here.
What I would like to say though is, we are quick to condemn (rightly so in this instance) the police when they **** up, but slow when they do a good job, so, well done RH for sticking up for what you believe in.
That is all.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 08:53 AM   #645
paiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
I have stayed out of here because I can offer no more advice than has been given on here.
What I would like to say though is, we are quick to condemn (rightly so in this instance) the police when they **** up, but slow when they do a good job, so, well done RH for sticking up for what you believe in.
That is all.
+1
Old 03-05-10, 11:56 AM   #646
Speedy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
That is all.
I agree.

Flameboy, mate, you should not have accepted your bike back like that.
Although maybe you thought you'd be preventing more damage to it.

Un-bloody-believable.

I would have done my nut.

Really glad you have some help from RH on this, because what has happened is SO outrageous.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 01:48 PM   #647
Sosha

TBH it sounds like the new method of getting you to shut up and go away. Not very impressed.

Once more, Good luck with this.

RE Av Gas reference - sounds like garage mechanics humour.
Old 04-05-10, 02:02 PM   #648
Bluefish

Of course they have offered to pay to put the bike right?
Old 04-05-10, 02:40 PM   #649
Owenski

jus read this start to finish an afternoon I'll never get back but... bugger me, more layers than an onion has this tail!
Nice1 RH for standing up for justice and not the badge. Big respect offered there.
Flameboy - Thats gotta sting, follow RH to the letter and you wont go far wrong.

All the best, I look forward to catching up again in a few days time.
Old 04-05-10, 03:41 PM   #650
Flameboy

Had the £220 refunded today, now onto damages and complaints.