SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 29-03-10, 05:39 PM   #661
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR10 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
But also depends on whose pre-ride briefing you listen too. I recommend Bear's as the most informative! You certainly know the rules then!
and the cosequences of steping out of line!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-10, 07:06 PM   #662
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Sorry RH, didn't read it that you wanted to know whcih system would be used.

It does tend to be a rather slow ridout, but for me, what it loses in spead it more than makes up for in WOW I'm riding with LOADS of other bikes and EVERYONE'S looking!!! Oh and the group hug type feeling too.

But also depends on whose pre-ride briefing you listen too. I recommend Bear's as the most informative! You certainly know the rules then!
Thanks for the warning. I'm not a great fan of rules so best I avoid that one then. It's unfortunate that the first casualty of organizing a ride of these proportions can be the actual riding, which is why I wanted to find out what the priorities were. Personally I prefer a slightly more laid back approach with some common destinations/way points laid on together with a suggested route, and then being left to get on with it. That way you can ride with whom you like, stop when you want and most importantly concentrate on the riding when you want! Tends to lend itself to a few entertaining stories around the camp fire afterwards as well....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-10, 08:39 PM   #663
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

OH crikey! Someone else remind RHof Bear's rules, please. I just can't - sorry 0)
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-10, 09:05 PM   #664
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Thanks for the warning. I'm not a great fan of rules so best I avoid that one then. It's unfortunate that the first casualty of organizing a ride of these proportions can be the actual riding, which is why I wanted to find out what the priorities were. Personally I prefer a slightly more laid back approach with some common destinations/way points laid on together with a suggested route, and then being left to get on with it. That way you can ride with whom you like, stop when you want and most importantly concentrate on the riding when you want! Tends to lend itself to a few entertaining stories around the camp fire afterwards as well....

Would be great to do it that way, but with 140+ bikes......it's going to need more organisation That's why we'll try and sort something for the Sunday as well....no point going the that area and only spending the Saturday on those fabulous roads!
Old 29-03-10, 10:40 PM   #665
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Thanks GG, I'm not trying to be critical, I know just how hard it is to organize things like this and it looks like you've got a cracking weekend planned. I'm really hoping I can get away and join you all for it.
Old 29-03-10, 11:14 PM   #666
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Thanks GG, I'm not trying to be critical, I know just how hard it is to organize things like this and it looks like you've got a cracking weekend planned. I'm really hoping I can get away and join you all for it.

Do it....better to be there than read the posts and drool at the pics when we all get back...lol. Just kidding RH, really hope you can make it, but if you can't...there'll be no shortage of peeps around here to show you the best of the Welsh roads if you're ever in the area!
Old 29-03-10, 11:26 PM   #667
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Oh I know the area all right, I spent last weekend riding half the roads you've got planned and I'm back there next weekend for more. Normally I take the camper but ironically enough we stayed last week at the Baskerville Arms which is just up the road from the AR venue.
Old 29-03-10, 11:40 PM   #668
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Hahaha...excellent, I wasn't sure as no location in your profile. Me and Stretchie will probably be going to do some of the route this weekend, but not a reccie....just a ride out for me. I might have my MOD 2 brought forward to Friday, so although I can't take the Babyblade out yet, it would mean I could take the "L" plates off the CG and get over the bridge
Old 31-03-10, 05:34 PM   #669
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
OH crikey! Someone else remind RHof Bear's rules, please. I just can't - sorry 0)
I you p**s me off... I'll f**k you. If you step out of line... I'll f**k you...

Well you get the picture. There weren't too many rules, but each breakage was punishable by anal intrusion! lol

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:24 AM   #670
monkey

It's not all true.

You don't have to do anything for that to happen, but it helps. For some people.

I'm getting all excited about riding and camping and stuff n ting.

I hope I get to see you riding again Phil. I've never seen anyone take a slow corner with such style!