SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 25-06-06, 10:40 PM   #671
amarko5

that poor man was trying just a tad to hard to keep that last corner advantage

but even ducati's have handling problems as was evident in superbikes i think neil did a fantastic job considering he has no traction control. in the end it was his demise as the tyres got shagged with all the sliding he was doing.

excellent racing from the dr determination to get some points

Old 26-06-06, 07:01 AM   #672
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Edwards what a guy, and he still picked his bike up to finish and get a couple of points.

Cant say he doesnt try. Looking forward to seeing how he goes at Donnington this weekend.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 26-06-06, 07:16 AM   #673
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Edwards what a guy, and he still picked his bike up to finish and get a couple of points.

Cant say he doesnt try. Looking forward to seeing how he goes at Donnington this weekend.
yep looking forward to that too - Fizz you biking it up there or taking a car?

Old 26-06-06, 08:43 AM   #674
creamerybutter

I feel so sorry for Edwards, he deserved to win imo. I think Hayden did well and was just lucky to keep his bike upright at the end to take victory.

The thing about letting riders race while injured, did them being injured lead to any events where other riders were put at risk? It's not as if riders riding injured is a new thing, people have been riding with broken this that and the other since motorcycling began.

Old 26-06-06, 08:47 AM   #675
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
I feel so sorry for Edwards, he deserved to win imo. I think Hayden did well and was just lucky to keep his bike upright at the end to take victory.
Totally agree. Also what about Toseland staying on his bike across the Gravel trap in the 2nd WSB race I really thought he was gonna come a cropper. Nope a bit of motocross foot out action and off he went again.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 26-06-06, 09:01 AM   #676
creamerybutter

I didn't see the WSB, I keep meaing to watch it but keep forgetting

Old 26-06-06, 09:49 AM   #677
Peter Henry

CB,, The fact no incidents occurred as a result of those that were injured to my mind hardly justifies their participation. There is no excuse these days for flouting such a major safety issue.
I accept that I appear to be standing alone on this issue here.

Old 26-06-06, 09:52 AM   #678
creamerybutter

If them being injured makes them dangerous then fine but if it just makes them slower then I don't really see it as a problem. I would imagine the riders and the doctors would have fully assesed their conditions before they raced.

Old 26-06-06, 09:56 AM   #679
Peter Henry

I very much doubt if a totally independant doctor would have given any of the 3 injured riders a green light to race tbh.

As mentioned I do not deny the guts in knowing if you fall off again you are likely to compound any existing injury, I do though dispute the wisdom of said action.

This even given my man Loris would have then completely sacrificed his title aspirations. I do not think the 1 point he gained was much comfort for the pain he was suffering with his chest when riding the bike.

Where's your compassion man?! :P

Old 26-06-06, 10:07 AM   #680
creamerybutter

I'm sure they could have sat out of they wanted to, I doubt they would of risked their entire sason for a few pointsif they felt they could bin it. Rossi only had a fractured wrist and it is quite common for riders to race with injuries like that.

Compassion?! What's that? I demand a show! :P (joke)

Closed Thread