SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 26-06-06, 10:33 AM   #681
tricky

I though Assen was a bit of a yawn fest TBH, apart from the last lap that is.

Could do with a few more bikes on the MotoGP grid too.

I beginning to wish I'd spent my money on going to a couple of WSBK rounds rather than Donnington on Sunday.

Old 26-06-06, 10:35 AM   #682
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Did anybody else see how exahusted Marco Melandri was when he got back to the pits.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 26-06-06, 11:13 AM   #683
Peter Henry

Tricky...I am sure there will be plenty of action for you at Donington mate.

Old 26-06-06, 02:08 PM   #684
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Feel sorry for Colin Edwards as that could well be his last real chance to win a GP.
What he could'nt see and was too busy trying to stay on to be aware of was that he only needed to get his bike stopped and then carry on to cross the line to win.Haydon's short cut across the gravel would have mean't he would have been penalised a place anyway so Edwards had it if he had stayed upright.
Old 26-06-06, 02:16 PM   #685
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Knowing the sort of rider Edwards is based on his battles in WSB with Baylis I would wager he wanted to cross the line first regardless. Who do you want in your team. Somebody that will settle for second best or somebody that will go to those lengths to win ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 26-06-06, 02:39 PM   #686
Peter Henry

I can only suggest that Supervox is still in shock after his buddy Colin letting it slip in such sad circumstances.

I doubt his mood was helped any by my boy Jorge Lorenzo closing the gap to 16 points in the 250 category to his fave...Davizioso. Those two are head and shoulders above the rest in that class. :P

Old 26-06-06, 02:41 PM   #687
kwak zzr

Colin deserved that win he rode a good GP.

Old 26-06-06, 02:46 PM   #688
Peter Henry

Kwak...It would be a hard hearted individual to argue with you on that point.

Old 26-06-06, 08:07 PM   #689
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
I can only suggest that Supervox is still in shock after his buddy Colin letting it slip in such sad circumstances.
Hmmmm, well I only watched the racing this afternoon (was at Beaulieu all weekend & studiously closed my ears to the commentary from a television a couple of stands away).

I am absolutely gutted for Colin, but no-one can say the guy wasn't trying, and, as has been previously mentioned, his first reaction was to get up & run to the bike to finish the race - not like certain prima donna's who just walk away & then spend their time looking for an excuse to justify thier actions !!

As for Nicky being the 2006 World Champion ? Don't write Vale off yet Peter !! Have you seen how many points he is behind Nicky ?

And we all know how special THAT number is to him !!

Question for someone with access to stats - What is the greatest points deficit from which a rider has come back from to win the World Title in the top GP class (500 or MotoGP) ??

Big shout to The Hopper for riding the t*ts off the Suzuki - I wonder how many teams might have him somewhere near the top of their shopping list ?

As for WSB all I can say is Corser appears to be suffering from Setegiveupnowitits - seems to me that he's allowed Bayliss to get the better of him so often that he's developed a "win it or bin it" attitude.
Old 26-06-06, 10:25 PM   #690
The Basket

About WSB...Bayliss is really dominating but look closer.

The Ducati is one of the slower bikes in the speed traps and Bayliss' team mate Lanzi? Should be doing better than that.

Barros did well.

Closed Thread