SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-10-13, 12:04 AM   #61
Lozzo

Default Re: Strangest injuries

Driving my nephew back to Dover one Sunday morning in a Mini, I decided to close the rear driver's side window so I reached back with my right hand and promptly got my finger caught in the very primitive window latch, which I then couldn't release. My finger was gushing blood out quite badly all over the window and back seat and my nephew, who was only about 7, had to climb into the back and release it. I clamped the finger with my thumb to stem the bleeding until I got to my sister's house about 80 miles later, then attempted to crudely bandage it before leaving.

In the afternoon I was meant to be taking part in a parade in the Mini through St Albans, but someone else had to drive my car as I spent the afternoon in Hemel Hempstead hospital waiting to get it stitched up.

I've got a lump and a circular scar on my finger from that one.

On the plus side, that Mini was up for sale at a hugely inflated price and the girl who drove it in the parade fell in love with it and bought it.
Old 06-10-13, 12:08 AM   #62
Lozzo

I'll tell the story of my 'gentleman's area' and the paperclip that used to hold my fly zip up another time., suffice to say only certain ladies have seen that scar close up.
Old 06-10-13, 07:02 AM   #63
Fruity-ya-ya

Talking Re: Strangest injuries

There was also the time i stabbed myself in the thigh (yes the same one i sliced open with an axe).

I was about 12 and was cutting out a card model (i think it was a space shuttle) from my Quest subscription.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quest_(...logy_magazine)

It was quite a tricky cut and the scissors i was using just wouldn't cut it.
I trotted downstairs and dug out a Stanley knife from my Dads toolbox and proceeded to carve out the shape.
Half way through i reached a very intricate cut and without thinking placed the sheet of card on my thigh.
The blade went in about half the depth and i instantly pulled it out.

Bloodly trousers and the usual ticking off for using his tools without asking later i still bear the scar.
Old 07-10-13, 07:51 AM   #64
Milky Bar Kid

Default Strangest injuries

No 1. Knocked myself out at local leisure centre as a teenager after I run into a Perspex window that I thought was an open door.

No 2. Had middle toe on left foot broken and toe nail ripped out as a friend stood on my bare foot with her wearing wedges.

No 3. Nose broken by dog. Resulting in me going to police college with two black/yellowing eyes.

No 4. Broken jaw after getting a piggy back from a drunk colleague who fell, put his hands out to save himself resulting in me being catapulted up the street, landing on my chin and doing a commando roll. Refused to go to hosp and now jaw is squint.

Probably more but nightshift brain is fuzzy!
Old 07-10-13, 09:11 AM   #65
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

MBK you and I should never go on a night out together, I don't think A&E could cope.

We had an away day at my last job which had a school sports day for fun. Injuries to staff included bloody grazed chin from a collapse face first in the wheelbarrow race, bloody nose from face planting into the ground in the space hopper race and cruciate ligament damage in the 3 legged race that required surgery and weeks on crutches. Health and Safety officer banned all future away days having any fun element.
Old 07-10-13, 09:23 AM   #66
granty92

pillar drill went into my little finger when i was at school
Old 07-10-13, 10:53 AM   #67
ClunkintheUK

Was it your big finger before the incident Granty?
Old 07-10-13, 12:48 PM   #68
granty92

no it was the little one haha
Old 07-10-13, 05:59 PM   #69
Milky Bar Kid

Default Strangest injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
MBK you and I should never go on a night out together, I don't think A&E could cope.

We had an away day at my last job which had a school sports day for fun. Injuries to staff included bloody grazed chin from a collapse face first in the wheelbarrow race, bloody nose from face planting into the ground in the space hopper race and cruciate ligament damage in the 3 legged race that required surgery and weeks on crutches. Health and Safety officer banned all future away days having any fun element.
A friend of mine affectionately calls me the 'accident prone nutcase'. I don't know why...

No 5. Got guitar string stuck between middle top teeth resulting in wire cutters being used to remove string.

No 6. Got hand stuck between swing doors resulting in ring being imbedded into finger and had to go to wood work dept to get ring cut off in 6th yr at School (18yrs old).

No 7. Habit breaker brace to stop me sucking thumb, 'pinged' it resulting in it snapping and me having sharp platinum digging a hole in the roof of my mouth for three days until orthodontist could remove it. His words were, and I quote 'oh, don't worry, it's only just through to the bone.' And I still suck my thumb.
Old 09-10-13, 05:20 AM   #70
BanannaMan

When I was a lad I fell while running with a torch in my hand that somehow managed to hit me about the eye giving me a huge nasty cut that included splitting my eyelid in half. Had to be stitched back together.
Luckly no damage to the eye itself but I looked like a proper zombie for a couple of months!

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote