SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-12-12, 11:23 AM   #61
AndyBrad

Got it working. Looks like a happy pup

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 18-12-12, 11:44 AM   #62
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bloomin' dog owners!

Changed my walking time today and encountered three sets of people. Two dogs off the lead with owners happy to let them play, plus one woman with her dog on the lead who didn't mind Duke saying hello. As Duke left her dog cried it's ass off, obviously wanting to play. Poor dog. Overall successful. May try that time again tomorrow.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-12, 12:02 PM   #63
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
Nah, I just couldn't resist a pun haha. Sure Spank can take it. Anyway you started it!

Back to them bloody dogs
I'm fine. I know you'd change your opinion if you ever met me... Irritating doesnt even begin to cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
That's not actually true, he's just never developed his closing game. Spank has spent more time with women than thrush.
I havent had a chance, not met that many women worth closing with.

Last edited by Spank86; 18-12-12 at 12:03 PM.
Old 18-12-12, 12:27 PM   #64
Fallout
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
I haven't had a chance, not met that many women worth closing with.
Don't live in that big old African river. You have to ride a few rubbish bikes to be able to handle the super sports!
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-12, 08:57 PM   #65
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
I'm just getting into the swing of the different dog owners around here. Our new pup, Poppy is seven months old, is a Black Labrador crossed with a Springer from the Blue Cross. She's very energetic but in the two weeks we've had her, she's gone from being a whirling dervish at the end of the lead to a reasonably well behaved walking companion. She stays on the lead on the roads, cos she's too young and dim to avoid cars, and the way the wazzoks drive around here, I doubt they would avoid her!
When we're in the park, or fields she's generally on a 30 foot rope to a shoulder harness, simply because she's new and she doesn't always come back! It's easier to grab a rope than an over excited pup.
She is allowed to play with any dog we meet, I actually encourage her to, but do keep hold of her rope, just in case, as Husky says, the reception isn't pleasant.

There are lots of different dogs and owners here, from rat on a string to a bloke with two ma-HOOSIVE! Newfoundlands. Poppy loves them and looks like a tiny terrier next to them! They have a whale of a time racing abouth the place. Others are as the OP states. Paranoid, introspective, social regects who probably spend hours choosing their precious little darlings Christmas present.

I do remember camping in the Lake District years ago mind. There was a ditzy woman with a Yorkshire terrier that shart everywhere and yapped all day and night. The husband was a meat-head in a muscle vest who would strut around trying to look hard. One evening, the rt ran off and the bloke was sent to find him. The entire campsite was in hysterics as this guy had to walk around the entire field shouting;

"Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell. Mummy says baaaaad girl"

They left the next day...

Pete

PS, here's Poppy.

Looking good, Pete
This is our daughter's rescue dog Kia - same ingredients but slightly different mix I reckon: