SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 03-10-09, 06:46 PM   #61
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Flymo Racing at Anglesey 3-4 October

Sorry about bailing out on the last leg of the trip to the Island , Was good meeting up in Betwys for a natter , shame it absolutely paggered it down with rain as we left Betwys . That is the slowest I have ever been around Snowdon/Ogwen area on a bike , shame really as the views are spectacular and all we got was low cloud and rain and an average speed of 50 mph .......... balls . After I overtook you in Betwys the Mrs showed me her ungloved hand , god knows how that came off so I slowed down the let her pull it back on . I called it a day when we got as far as Bangor Services as her gear just can`t sustain the downpour like that , mine can but the last thing I wanted her to be was wet and miserable on the bike . She did say she was ok to go on but it was a good decision on my behalf , after we filled up and said bye-bye to you all , she mentioned she felt a bit cold , by the time we hit home she was dithering a bit and I knew that the cold had got to her ............... she soon cheered up with a brew and the heating on with the Dog by her side
Old 04-10-09, 08:52 PM   #62
flymo
Mega Poster

Well, what a weekend.

It was all going so well........right up until the off, bugger. Simple racing incident really, I was racing pretty close with one of my main competitors, Kev #65 . Right up his chuff for the majority of a lap, slipstreaming around the fast section of Anglesey. Coming over the brow of the blind crest from Peel Corner I was half way along side lining up a wide entry, tight exit, when Kev moved across. I ran out of tarmac and took to the grass at a fairly fast part.

I had no opportunity to brake and was crossing damp grass heading for a tyre wall with no way of slowing down. Did my best to scrub some speed and at least turn a little but down I went, **** over tit until I hit the tyre wall back first. Borrocks.

So, fixed up the bike with much appreciated help from Plowsie, DavePreston and numerous cuppas and support from Mrs Flymo. Topping off our evening with a few wee drinks when we heard the really sad news about Hovis. We spent hours sitting there talking about him under the Welsh stars with a full moon.

RIP Hovis.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 08:56 PM   #63
xXBADGERXx

A rather strange weekend all round really , I will make it one of the nights next year , when the evenings are good and the light is around for longer and maybe get a few more Orgers over . Thanks for dropping the tyres off mate , they will get me through to the New Year nicely and will save me putting a huge dent in my wages
Old 04-10-09, 09:59 PM   #64
davepreston

home now so this is just a quick THANKYOU VERY MUCH to mike and the family i loved it
plowsie and kails cheers for helping out the sick man
dave
Old 05-10-09, 08:42 AM   #65
plowsie

We had another good weekend again, despite the bad news.

Something I will never forget, will be us 5 sat under the stars, finishing the beers off, moon and stars above, reminiscing(sp?).

Some excellent racing, I didn't get too many photos, I still need to upload last times too

Thank you for the hospitality at Casa Flymo, we'll be up everytime if we can afford it, as we enjoy the company and the racing so much
Old 05-10-09, 11:00 AM   #66
plowsie

Most of the shots I took are shoite, you can see below I have tried to sharpen them up, I think the photobucket uploader ruins quality for whatever reason. Me and the camera didn't click at all this weekend. Need to explore manual focussing I think.

Last edited by plowsie; 05-10-09 at 11:02 AM.