SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-06, 09:54 PM   #61
Peter Henry

Basket...Maybe I mislead you mate. they could set the Ducati up for jerez no problem and be competitive from the off. What they are trying to achieve is a base package that does not need a major overhaul from track to track as is common with all teams presently.

One thing is for sure, this is going to be one interesting season!

Tim....They all fell more or less at the same place which was under braking before entering the corner. Odd that so many should suffer the same fate at exactly the same spot?

Old 05-03-06, 11:16 PM   #62
Jelster

I sat and watched the WSB races today, and it really is an enetrtaining series.

I would just like to state that I have, on a number of occaisions, said "do not under estimate JT". He has really taken to the Honda and looks not only competitive, but seems to have a different sense of determination this year.

Corser, Baylis, Haga and Barros all look good as well, so it's not going to be the 1 horse race it was last year. I think one or two trips to European meetings is in order......

Old 06-03-06, 09:30 AM   #63
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
I would just like to state that I have, on a number of occaisions, said "do not under estimate JT". He has really taken to the Honda and looks not only competitive, but seems to have a different sense of determination this year.
I never been one to follow the paddock gossip or politics (I'm sure someone will set me straight if I'm talking ********) I always got the impression last year that as well as lacking confidence in the bike, there was a lot of friction between JT, Laconi and the team, plus the normal Ducati "must win or sleep with the fishes" pressure.

I delighted to see JT doing so well, we just need to get Stalker on the rostrum as well and I'll be \/

Well impressed with Barros as well so far, he's put in some cracking rides.

Old 06-03-06, 10:23 AM   #64
The Basket

Corser took a wallop...glad he got up though...good job too as he would have been squashed!!!

Don't mess with Barros...beat him in a race and he'll run you over.

Old 06-03-06, 10:23 AM   #65
Peter Henry

Tricky...You are correct.Unfortunately in a very "Italian" kind of way Ducati were a little p*ssed when Toseland actually won the title as he was in the team as a back up rider really! I think that was made too clear to him which was totally wrong. Based on Toseland's age they could have had someone that could have won many more titles for them.

Great to see him going well on the Honda.

Old 06-03-06, 10:25 AM   #66
Jelster

I think I'll frame that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Great to see him going well on the Honda.

Old 06-03-06, 10:29 AM   #67
tricky

Come to think of it I remember watching on telly when JT won the title and thinking how the team where rather subdued, rather than going bonkers like you'd expect.

Old 06-03-06, 10:32 AM   #68
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
Come to think of it I remember watching on telly when JT won the title and thinking how the team where rather subdued, rather than going bonkers like you'd expect.
He is a Yorkshireman... We never get overly excited about anything

"It only the bloody world title lad, when I were a lad I won 15 world titles standin' ont' 'ead "

Old 06-03-06, 10:35 AM   #69
The Basket

Have to say that both WSB rounds were some of the best 2 wheeled racing I've seen.

I just hope Troy Bayliss doesn't run away with it which does seem likely...The depth of the field in WSB is amazing...when Chris Walker comes tenth then you know that there are racing to be had.

Top stuff.

In MotoGP, Edwards and Rossi look very calm and relaxed...happy...Hmmm

Old 06-03-06, 10:37 AM   #70
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
I was at Magny Cors that year, and the British contingent went mad, but you could see that the team boss wasn't happy. They never thought it would happen, JT was 5 points adrift and up against a Frenchman, in France, who had the Managers full support. Well done JT I say..... He should have walked then.

And where's Laconi now ? (oh and while I think of it), what about Ducati's "great white hope" Lanzi.... Lanzi who ?

C'mon JT, stick it to them...

Closed Thread