SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-12-05, 02:14 PM   #61
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping
OOOooooohhhh... Hark at you! You'll NEVER take away my hoodie!!!! NEVER!!!!...

innit?
Mrs thinks I look like a bank robber
Old 08-12-05, 12:26 PM   #62
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping
OOOooooohhhh... Hark at you! You'll NEVER take away my hoodie!!!! NEVER!!!!...

innit?
Mrs thinks I look like a bank robber
Hoodies rule. But it does mean that petrol stations now eye me with suspicion and want me to remove my lid before they'll let me fill up.

Amazing the difference a flap of material can make...
Old 10-12-05, 11:52 AM   #63
Ed

Since I posted this that Clash song keeps going round in my mind - Daddy was a bank robber/He never hurt nobody/etc
Old 22-12-05, 01:24 PM   #64
drumwrecker

On sunday I left Welwyn Garden City to meet mt friend at Hitchin. By the time I got there my hands were freezing, in spite of my heated grips. So I took the oportunity to change gloves. This consisted of a pair of silk liner gloves (30 years +old), over them apair of Tog 24 Polartec gloves and over them my old faithfull Belstaff wax cotton overmitts. For the next 100 miles my hands never got cold and the mitts were not very restrictive at all. The heat from the grips warmed the inside of the mitts which worked like a little oven for my hands.
The other item I tried that day was Winstopper socks under which I had a thin pair of cotton socks. Although my feet could have been warmer they were'nt as cold as the Sunday before (when I had two pair of thick socks on) which was slightly warmer so in my view they work.
I also wear a dayglow blouson jacket over my Buffalo woven jacket and this really adds warmth as well as extra water proofness.