SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 16-08-10, 08:12 PM   #61
Dicky Ticker

Default Re: A PM bid for AR11

May not be of any major relevance but the YHA at Ingelton is in a nice village with a couple of decent pubs for meals-----for those who would possibly want a quieter evening either before or after. This is only about 10mins away and costs about£16
no packing of tents or sleeping bags and it was very nice last time I stayed there.
-------Just an alternative as I am aware that the suggested site has facilities like this
Old 16-08-10, 08:21 PM   #62
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Thankyou Mac, I haven't looked into alternates for those that don't stay on site. As I am trying to concentrate on the major hurdle first. As you say the site has facilities
There are always those that wish to have a slightly quieter night, and we have to cater for those people too.

I have made a note of it having looked online, so won't be forgetting.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 09:50 PM   #63
Sarg

Blimey, this thread is growing quick! I had a crack with with Dave about this this morning. I have lived in Cumbria for 16 years and have driven/ridden most of the roads. There is some fantastic roads and routes should be very easily to come up with. I would not entertain doing Hartside, Corney Fell, Hardnot or Rynose pass with a group so large, the risks I believe would be too great. However there are some fantastic A roads such as the A595 (up the west coast) the A591 (through the central lakes) A6 (Shap) and possible the A592 (Kirkstone Pass), these are just a few to be honest, theres many more. The area also lends itself to Devils Bridge and Hawes.

The big problem will be venue. Also the time of year will be an issue, is the AR going to be on a specific date or is it flexible? Just prior to the Summer holidays would be better as the roads will be heaving during the hols. I am more than willing to help, advise, recce or what ever when I can and Dave has just been volunteered too.

I do know that Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Club hold the annual H.O.G. weekend meet, they may be worth approaching as they are used to big meets/bikers?

Gaz
Old 16-08-10, 09:56 PM   #64
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg View Post

The big problem will be venue. Also the time of year will be an issue, is the AR going to be on a specific date or is it flexible? Just prior to the Summer holidays would be better as the roads will be heaving during the hols. I am more than willing to help, advise, recce or what ever when I can and Dave has just been volunteered too.

I do know that Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Club hold the annual H.O.G. weekend meet, they may be worth approaching as they are used to big meets/bikers?

Gaz
What is supposed to happen is the mods will step in at some point when solid proposals come forward. Its put to a vote in a poll which runs for a set period of time. When the vote has been cast with the preferred area and venue, then a poll is put up for preferred dates. We have to remind each other which events are already on...ie GM, or a NW ride, MotoGP, to name a few. eventually it gets narrowed down.

The Kirby Lonsdale idea needs to be looked into as a plan B, from this neck of the woods. As you know I'm concentrating on the Dales side. WHat is the HOG thing, I'm presuming its some sort of annual HArdly Driveable event!

I've asked for all chat about routes and roads to be kept out at this stage, as that will come later, venues are more important for nowe

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 16-08-10 at 09:58 PM.
Old 16-08-10, 09:59 PM   #65
Sarg

Harley Owners Group
Old 16-08-10, 10:09 PM   #66
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Word up mother hubbards, dizzee, was sorting out 2 paggered tyres when u rang today.. Currently sat in my tent at cadwell park trying to think what I could lend to a possible ar11 Yorkshire edition..

Director of comedy & mischief maybe? I'll fetch my bottle of gin & master up some turbo woo woo..

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 10:10 PM   #67
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
What is supposed to happen is the mods will step in at some point when solid proposals come forward. Its put to a vote in a poll which runs for a set period of time. When the vote has been cast with the preferred area and venue, then a poll is put up for preferred dates.
forgive me Lou, but now you mention it; but hopefully those polls will be available to all in an AR section and not as was this year confined to IB only to be added to the AR10 section once completed and closed (looking like they had been run there).

On a constructive note the AR07 site was big enough and the people easy to deal with, I personally would welcome a return and be more than happy to attend an AR there, on the provision I get the chance to vote that is.....

Although not from the area, i've travelled it many times and would lend my experiance, prior knowledge and support in whatever way could be of help.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 16-08-10 at 10:14 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 10:12 PM   #68
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Oh & while we're at it, b1363 from York to helmsley & b1257 from helmsley to stokesley... The best roads in 6,000 square miles of Yorkshire - ask AndyBrad about the switchback section formally known as the Bradshaw bends

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 10:13 PM   #69
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post

Director of comedy & mischief maybe?
sidekick at best
I'll fetch my bottle of gin & master up some turbo woo woo..
woo woooooooooooo'ssssssssssssss
hth
Old 16-08-10, 10:41 PM   #70
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
Harley Owners Group
Figured as much, that lot are usually pretty much well organised, which is why If they use a place, its worthy of a look at for us, as alternatives. I'm concentrating on one at once, but you always need another up your sleeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
forgive me Lou, but now you mention it; but hopefully those polls will be available to all in an AR section and not as was this year confined to IB only to be added to the AR10 section once completed and closed (looking like they had been run there).

On a constructive note the AR07 site was big enough and the people easy to deal with, I personally would welcome a return and be more than happy to attend an AR there, on the provision I get the chance to vote that is.....

Although not from the area, i've travelled it many times and would lend my experiance, prior knowledge and support in whatever way could be of help.

Cheers Mark.
Well, I'm not a mod so I couldn't possibly comment, I seem to remember voting for something, not sure what though, my memory of AR10 in early stages is somewhat hazy. Thanks to another thumbs up for my chosen venue so far, heres hoping we all get chance to vote eh!
You know I'll bend yer ear at some stage, don't worry about that

Paul you've already been drafted in for tshirts again of course, and possibly other tasks, but I'll leave the wooo wooos for you and the lads.