SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 28-01-08, 03:31 PM   #61
stewie

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
The meeting point is sorted Stewie. See the OP in this thread. So you can meet us at the Stanney or Tescos. Let me know what you decide by PM
Ok, will do, thanks Mike
Old 05-02-08, 10:15 AM   #62
Pedro68

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
It took me 45 minutes ... in a car ... in rush hour traffic. So I reckon my estimate of 30 minutes on a bike, on a Sunday morning is about rightish (although I will check that again on the bike at a later date).
Just a quick update ... I took the bike out for a bimble down to The Stanney last night, rode the intended route in reverse, and back up again. Took me almost exactly 30 minutes (each way)

So meet up time at The Stanney is gonna be 09:15 - leaving no later than 09:30 so that we can be at Tesco's, Bidston for 10am. The run to New Brighton took me 2 - 3 minutes ... but if we need I'm sure we can afford to hang around at Tescos for stragglers for 15 minutes

Now just need to sort meeting place for AFTER the run. But I will post up details of that in the Rideouts section (since it's for everyone, not just the Border Patrollers).
Old 05-02-08, 07:29 PM   #63
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
Just a quick update ... I took the bike out for a bimble down to The Stanney last night, rode the intended route in reverse

Really??? thats clever..... how did you get a reverse gear on your SV?? I need to get myself one of them, would make life so much easier
Old 05-02-08, 09:05 PM   #64
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
Really??? thats clever..... how did you get a reverse gear on your SV?? I need to get myself one of them, would make life so much easier

dont be such a cheeky mare
Old 05-02-08, 09:11 PM   #65
Speedy Claire

Pedro will let me get away with it
Old 06-02-08, 08:30 AM   #66
Pedro68

Quote:
It's amazing what a strong head-wind can do you'd be surprised

Ok, what I actually meant (for the pedantic amongst us) is that I rode from New Brighton, down the egg-run route but instead of cutting off to Clatterbridge Hospital, I carried on down the Park Gate Road heading towards Chester and Cheshire Oaks, arriving at The Stanney (that took about 30 minutes). Then I rode the same route back to New Brighton. That again took about 30 minutes. I took it easy going through the town centres of West Kirby, Meols and Moreton. But opened it up going down Park Gate Road ... but I'm sure the bloody traffic lights down there are well timed to stop you picking up too much speed. No sooner had I picked up speed, there was another set of lights which seemed to be aimed solely at slowing me down. Still ... I suppose it gave me a chance to practice my emergency braking

One set of lights in particular was annoying, they changed as I approached (so I'm guessing they were triggered to change by my approach), but there was absolutely nothing coming from the road on the right but even so, the lights still went through their cycle

Anyhooos ... was nice just to get out for a bit of a blast - even if it WAS bloody windy down that Park Gate road!
Old 07-02-08, 01:33 AM   #67
Speedy Claire

Nice logistics there! seriously tho you`ve done your homework, the meet up prior to the run is organised and timed so lets now try and come up with a meeting point for everyone for after the run.

The Wirral is your neck of the woods hun, can you think of anywhere? Tap will be over run are there any pubs with large car parks around the Clatterbridge area?
Old 07-02-08, 09:30 AM   #68
Pedro68

Ok, got a couple of "possibles" for the meet after the egg run, but I will ultimately need to know numbers as I'd like to phone the place(s) and make an advance booking, if I can, and also to give them some warning

Watch out for the poll ... coming soon!
Old 11-02-08, 06:44 PM   #69
Speedy Claire

What about heading back to meet up at the Stanney after the run? if we`re going for a bit of a ride afterwards we`ll no doubt be heading in that direction anyway, big car park and is easy to find from Clatterbridge. It looked like the sort of place that`d do food too
Old 12-02-08, 10:55 AM   #70
Pedro68

Quote:
What about heading back to meet up at the Stanney after the run? if we`re going for a bit of a ride afterwards we`ll no doubt be heading in that direction anyway, big car park and is easy to find from Clatterbridge. It looked like the sort of place that`d do food too
That's not a bad idea ta Claire ... guess it will be "en route" for a lot of people heading back home anyway, and I know they do food there - I've eaten there in the past. It wasn't great, but may have changed since I last ate there (about 2 years ago). Menu here