SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 25-07-07, 02:00 PM   #61
plowsie

Default Re: Roll Call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mths View Post
I don't think the idea is\was dead. Skips looking into routes and it's suggested that whatever gets agreed is run sometime mid to late August.

A camping weekend strikes me as a bit too ARish. The AR weekend was a great laugh and I intend doing it next year. But outside that I can't really be bothered with the camping. I'm not sure how many peeps would really be interested in this, ie giving up an entire weekend and going without creature comforts to boot. Also Northampton is hardly central and has little else to recommend it. What I'm really trying to say is that I think we should keep this simple and accessible, ie to just the ride.

If you want to look at putting together a separate Northampton centric event then go for it.

As for roads in Northampton. Do you mean the county or just the area around immediately around the town? I think I might share your frustration as compared to the roads of North Wales or Yorkshire they do seem dull by comparison. However the 'Rutland Ring' which I was introduced to a few weeks ago is probably the best riding around these parts I've seen (though technically a lot of it is outside Northamptonshire). I keep meaning to go round it again, but sort of cant' be arsed to go by myself. If you haven't done it and fancy checking it out I'd be happy to guide you round.
In regards to the camping yes i know just thought i'd drop it in as an idea. I mean all over the shop, i cant seem to find a smooth piece of road compared to stuff on the AR. I have a couple of little routes i have created for myself just that i go on as its en route to the girlfriends but that would be good mate if you would show me it.
Old 25-07-07, 03:32 PM   #62
K

What folks living in and around Northampton need to remember is that we've used up all our tarmac making new speedbumps - so most roads have a shoddy surface!

Nice corners, good straights, crap tarmac - 2 outta three ain't bad, I just often wish it was a different 'two'.

Unfortunately I'm also completely blonde when it comes to describing routes - half the time I just bimble aimlessly round roads until I find some good ones then spend the rest of the summer trying to find them again.
That and, when I can, I ride for the pure pleasure of it - so that means nice weather - not much of that lately.

I agree that Northampton isn't the most appealing of places overall for a 'weekender' - it's one of those things too, with the North/South, AR/E/whatever, Invasion of the Valleys, North Wales Run and life in general...
... unless summer turns up we'll be out of weekends and into winter before you know it.
Old 25-07-07, 05:49 PM   #63
2mths

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I have a couple of little routes i have created for myself just that i go on as its en route to the girlfriends but that would be good mate if you would show me it.
Swop ya then!

When is typically good for you? We should perhaps sort this out via PM?