SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

View Poll Results: Who fancies a new group ?
N Wales / Cheshire only 4 10.53%
N Wales / Cheshire / Staffs / Shropshire / Merseyside 30 78.95%
Keep things as they are 1 2.63%
Dont care either way 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 23-07-07, 12:12 PM   #61
stewie

Default Re: New group- N Wales/Cheshire +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Blimey that was quick!!
Hey I dont mess around me ! hows things ?

Old 23-07-07, 12:19 PM   #62
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Hey I dont mess around me ! hows things ?
Not bad not bad, been waiting for the weather to get better so I can have a jolly down to ponderosa, how's the bike?

(We'll be getting told off soon for replicating Mega-Thread, so maybe PM or continue conversation in there? )

Old 23-07-07, 12:20 PM   #63
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Not bad not bad, been waiting for the weather to get better so I can have a jolly down to ponderosa, how's the bike?

(We'll be getting told off soon for replicating Mega-Thread, so maybe PM or continue conversation in there? )
I will send pm in next 15 mins or so

Old 23-07-07, 08:33 PM   #64
stewie

Howdy pardners, well it appear 31 peeps have shown a positive response for a new group to be formed up here, so as long as the mods give us the nods we could be up and running sooner rather than later, I believe Baph has spoken to Fizzwheel, who in fairness has just returned from his hols, but fizz has sais he will mention to the other mods. So, basically watch this space

Last edited by stewie; 25-07-07 at 05:35 AM.

Old 23-07-07, 09:14 PM   #65
markmoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Howdy pardners, well it appear 27 peeps have shown a positive response for a new group to be formed up here, so as long as the mods give us the nods we could be up and running sooner rather than later, I believe Baph has spoken to Fizzwheel, who in fairness has just returned from his hols, but fizz has sais he will mention to the other mods. So, basically watch this space
Awesome im sure that there are other lurkers in the northwest and other sv owners that just havent been converted to the Org yet!! Hope to see the westside group up and running on the board very soon

Old 23-07-07, 11:10 PM   #66
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Voted,
N Wales / Cheshire / Staffs / Shropshire / Merseyside

Sound like a great idea.
Old 24-07-07, 07:28 AM   #67
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Lets give it a few day so that all the mods can see this before we make a decision.

You've got alot of votes, but as with all those things how many of those would actually turn up to rideouts etc etc.

When you ran the North Wales rideout recently what sort of numbers did you get ? Are there any plans for a weekly pub meet / social meet ups etc etc

We need to make sure that what you are proposing is sustainable and that it wont just drop away and become a dead section once the intial euphoria has worn off.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 24-07-07, 12:32 PM   #68
markmoto

I see what your saying fizzwheel but surely a group has to be started in the first place to enable it to grow bigger and more organised, at the end of the day how what does it take to add a northwest group to the website! not much at all, and it would allow all in the area to arrange rides etc. I say make it so number one long live the westside

Old 25-07-07, 09:01 AM   #69
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
When you ran the North Wales rideout recently what sort of numbers did you get ? Are there any plans for a weekly pub meet / social meet ups etc etc
There were 7 bikes that turned up to that ride, but as was discussed on the ride, a fair number of people were possibly put off by the weather forecasts. North Wales isn't the best of places to ride when the weather is crappy (mainly as the weather can change quickly) but there's a few of us that don't mind that.

I'm actually organising another North Wales rideout due to be in early Sept (I'll post more details on this once I've sorted them out), and have had quite a bit of interest. Not only from local bods, but Plowsie (Northampton way?) and Stu (London?) have also expressed interest.

For those that want to know what's happening with this planning, I pretty much have the routes sorted in my head, just need to get together with Luckypants to make sure he's still up for it, then sort out timings etc. It'll be meeting at Ponderosa again.

As I've said to others, anyone welcome, no-matter how far you'd have to travel to get to Ponderosa.

Old 25-07-07, 11:47 AM   #70
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
Awesome im sure that there are other lurkers in the northwest and other sv owners that just havent been converted to the Org yet!! Hope to see the westside group up and running on the board very soon
There definitely are ... I bumped into 2 SV'ers just last night who had no idea about this forum ... they know about it now though

Closed Thread