SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Would you wear leathers for a 400 yards ride ?
Yes of course. Always wear your ferking leathers. 11 28.21%
No I let you get away with it 22 56.41%
On the fence with this one... 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-06, 01:44 PM   #61
SpankyHam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwrim
Erm..it's not in idle banter, and the reason it derailed in the first place was becasue no-one could understand why anyone would take a bike a mere 500yds, let alone what one would wear whilst on it.
I posted it in idle banter

it was then moved to bikes Talk&issues

I wrote in my first post that walking/running any other form of transport is not an option.

I only wanted to see what other people would do in my situation regarding protective gear & 500 yards ride.
Old 31-07-06, 01:46 PM   #62
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickUK
I don't do this to put muscle on.

I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a powerlifter.

And yes I do competitions in powerlifting.

Besides that our Martial arts club organises cage fights once a month.

Funny how the Anti muscle cardio only fanatics get knocked out after a minute.
Fine, that's cool, if you're laying on muscle for a reason, as you say, for taking / delivering blows in fighting, and you actually do weights to build strength, that's great. I was talking about guys at our place who hog benches all evening whilst chatting to their mates; and when they finally get round to lifting anything they're not even that strong.
Old 31-07-06, 01:50 PM   #63
SpankyHam

Yes but that's Bodybuilding for you.

They are training the Muscle to look good - not to be strong.

But I have great respect for those guys as the Training & Diet they are going through is extreme.
Old 31-07-06, 02:14 PM   #64
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Yes but that's Bodybuilding for you.

They are training the Muscle to look good - not to be strong.

But I have great respect for those guys as the Training & Diet they are going through is extreme.
Hey no fair!

I got into bodybuilding as I was always being picked on at school. That soon stopped though. I did get a little too big at one point as I was going in for a contest but that soon stopped too when I crushed a vertabrae. Back is still a little dodgy 5 years on but I am back at the gym doing what I enjoy. I do it as I like to look good but also feel good. It really does make you more confident which is something I used to lack. I've stopped using the bodybuildign gym though as it was full of those hairdo types who get all dressed up to goto the gym. I now use a gym that just has lots of simple and heavy free weights and some machines. Just as effective and I've never trained so hard! I would not say that I am a bodybuilder anymore as I don't take all the crap that I used to, now I just eat well, train hard and do some cardio as well.
Old 31-07-06, 02:37 PM   #65
Jimmy2Feet

Well at the end of the day like lots have said its your choice, but i have heard that at 10Mph you can loose up to 1mm of skin, how true that is i dont know and dont want to test it my self, but at the same time i know exactly what you are saying about the heat, so i just ware jacket, lid, gloves (sometimes!!!), so maybe try that,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
Sod the gym go down the pub
I personally think this is the best option tho, its what i do!! Work out the bear belly instead of the muscles!!!! lol
Old 31-07-06, 04:33 PM   #66
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:

I don't do this to put muscle on.

I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a powerlifter.

And yes I do competitions in powerlifting.

Besides that our Martial arts club organises cage fights once a month.

Funny how the Anti muscle cardio only fanatics get knocked out after a minute.
PMSL. Good comeback.

I'm curious as to what Martial Art you do, and not because i'm going to give advice on what to do with your own body. Its yours and do with it what you please.

Whats up with you peeps giving the man all this "advice" about his workout? he only asked our opinion of what to wear.

But i'm even more curious now..... what did you wear?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote