SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-03-08, 12:43 AM   #61
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: whats ur biggest gripe about the uk?

Tax and weather I mentioned.

I want to add Pikies.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-08, 01:47 AM   #62
chakraist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
i dont blame the polish that apparently take all the jobs.. the reason they get these jobs is because the Majority work all the hours they can, they work hard and deserve better from some employers, because they know if they work their Ar$es of for 5 years and go back home they will live extremely well... IMO they dont take all of the jobs they just work the jobs that benefit/sick note scoudrals cant be ar$ed to do.. i know if i had a company i would treat them fairly and employ alot of them.. ever wondered who packs your pre packed sandwhiches? or puts your luggage on to a plane? or makes sure your FEDEX/DHL/UPS stuff is delivered on time.. its usually the hard working polish...
Damned straight. Couldn't agree more. There are some people who come here, work their arses off and are some of the nicest people you could meet.

It's the companies that employ illegal immigrants faults, as if they paid the same amount for everyone there would be no need for the poles to 'steal our jobs'. Give the illegal immigrants a LEGAL minimum wage and you eliminate this problem overnight, and rat out some rotten companies in the process.
Old 26-03-08, 02:48 AM   #63
Davi1033

I find this thread very interesting. I'm an outsider for this group...I'm in the US. Your complaints are the same that we have here. Taxes are too high, with honest, law abiding people never getting anything in return. Its only lazy types and immigrants from Mexico that get to live off the governmental (.)(.)
Im in northern US, Michigan, and my weather is about the same as the UK. We still have snow today.
My only other gripe is.....the whole world thinks everyone in the US is a conceded jerkoff. That's not true, but our government likes to push its weight around the world, giving the impression that all of its citizens want them to do it. Most of us just want to play nice with the rest of the world.
Ok...im off my soapbox now. If any of you get a chance to come to the US, bring your bikes and go to Michigan in summer time. Its some great riding with very few law enforcement officers with radar guns.
Old 26-03-08, 07:42 AM   #64
gettin2dizzy

The give / take social divide

The endless montioring / banning

The open dishonesty of the Government in addition to their 'blameless' actions

Freedom of religion but not freedom FROM religion

The complete disregard; and resulting suicide of the UK's economy

'Holier than thou' media-created British attitude

Poorly educated majority
Old 26-03-08, 07:50 AM   #65
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Please don't tell me to vote for somebody else 'cos if the opposition gets into power they will do wtf they want too! It's the political landscape we live in.
Not so. Governments get increasingly tyrannical every subsequent term they win.

Fact of the matter is, despite the gigantic cataloges of government cockups, lying, and generally ignoring the electorate on matters such as ID cards and Europe, we keep voting them in. We only have our selves to blame.
Old 26-03-08, 12:02 PM   #66
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakraist View Post
Give the illegal immigrants a LEGAL minimum wage and you eliminate this problem overnight, and rat out some rotten companies in the process.
A lot of them do, but still can't attract british workers. Harvest picking anyone? Over ?7 hour but no british takers - offered the opportunity on TV they just sneered and opened another tinny.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-08, 12:09 PM   #67
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
A lot of them do, but still can't attract british workers. Harvest picking anyone? Over ?7 hour but no british takers - offered the opportunity on TV they just sneered and opened another tinny.
I once had a job picking strawberries. I didn't last very long. It is such hard work - for a pittance. And I never wanted to see another strawberry again.
Old 26-03-08, 12:10 PM   #68
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
I saw that - he needed shooting on the spot!

All they were after were well paid driving jobs so they can sit on their asses all day!
Old 26-03-08, 12:25 PM   #69
Demonz

The weather. If it was better people would be happy. Maybe this would solve all the other problems too.
Old 26-03-08, 12:29 PM   #70
sinbad

That we're a nation of complainers.

(How ironic)