SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-07-14, 10:44 AM   #61
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gaza and Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexDave View Post
Hey folks,

For someone who is decidedly into History and current affairs, I have to admit I know very little (read nothing) about the conflict going on.

Anybody care to enlighten me?

Quite a simple explanation can be found here.
Suitable for all, even without an FB account.
It may not be totally factually correct, but the general jist is in there.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152987268819196

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 31-07-14 at 10:46 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 11:16 AM   #62
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
Sorry Dizz - but this offers no explanation at all - just one man's viewpoint.

Check out his own page - I find it interesting that although he shares the story in Huffington Post that UNRWA Official Chris Gunness broke down on live TV following the shelling of the UN School which was being used as a shelter, he fails to mention the other news reports regarding the fact that the same UNRWA Official condemned 'those responsible' following the discovery that weapons had been stored within another UN school Gaza.

I aren't interested in a persons personal page. This link actually came from this page, who knows where the original came from.

https://www.facebook.com/OccupyBufferZone?fref=ts
For interests of Dizzy people like myself, who aren't totally sure of the whys or where for, the simplicity of the short film allows me to further expand my knowledge.
All research begins somewhere. I prefer to try a neutral beginning.

Old 31-07-14, 11:23 AM   #63
EssexDave

Thanks for all the input folks, it's made for some very interesting reading.

The whole situation is a complete mess, and it doesn't help that the media are playing their usual game.

I'm not particularly a Russel Brand fan, but I do have to admit he does on occasion have some quite sensible ideas.

This is one of those...

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Old 31-07-14, 11:39 AM   #64
Spank86

At the end of the day whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation there's a whole bunch of kids and civilians killed by Israeli missiles and a very few Israeli kids and civilians killed by Palestinian or rather by Hamas missiles.

It's not a good situation and as a legitimate sovereign government Israel has a duty to find a better way to deal with the situation than causing massive amounts of collateral damage whilst apparently doing very little to actually hit the terrorists.
Old 31-07-14, 12:04 PM   #65
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I have to say, I really don't like Russell Brand, but lately I am certainly warming to his dissecting of many popular debates and issues.

One thing I will say, I won't be one to agree with anything Israel does. Apart from stopping what is humanely wrong.
It can be said, well they started this, and those did that, and so forth. Propaganda is a very powerful tool and it aims to split a view point.

My view won't be moved. Innocents do not deserve this.
Two sides of my family have fled invading and occupying forces in their own lands and homes. Living, breathing people who have survived things that us here on the forum can only read about.

People being harmed by soldiers, bombs, tanks, missiles, in my book should not be happening, and should stop. NOW.

Old 31-07-14, 01:15 PM   #66
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Gaza and Israel

For those who'd like to read the opinions of (possibly) more informed people, please Click Here

May even be a nice place for Supervox to hang out as well. They even have a weapons sub-forum.

Sent via the medium of interpretive dance.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.

Last edited by Matt-EUC; 31-07-14 at 01:16 PM.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 01:39 PM   #67
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-EUC View Post
For those who'd like to read the opinions of (possibly) more informed people, please Click Here

May even be a nice place for Supervox to hang out as well. They even have a weapons sub-forum.

Its ironic you choose to use the page with this article included
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tur...&NewsCatID=338

The hypocritical Erdogan, who condemns the behaviour of Israel, whilst his own country has committed the murder and ethnic cleansing of other people. Invading and occupying lands that do not belong to the Turks.

In the time after the Turkish invasion of the 20th July 1974 in Cyprus his country killed almost 6000 people and made a further 2000 disappear in mass graves, down wells, raped and destroyed religious buildings of a civilisation almost as old as time itself. Exporting people from the mainland to change the ethnicity of an island, which to this date is still happening.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/07/29/cy...egal-settlers/

Erdogan who bans twitter because hes a paranoid nutter, his own Deputy only yesterday said Women of Turkey should not smile in public, which has begun a net wide protest by men and women.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ty-pm-laughter
Erdogan who put the thumbscrews on peaceful protest against the destruction of a green area for an ottoman style building of his choosing...Gezi Park.

He and his 40,000 troops should get out of Cyprus and hand back what belongs to the true owners, takes his unwanted illegal settlers with them and admits Turkey was responsible for the genocide of Armenia.

Of course he has an interest in Palestine, his government has been supplying and paying Hamas. It is widely known he is a staunch supporter.

Old 31-07-14, 01:42 PM   #68
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default Gaza and Israel

The thread has over 1000 posts. People have brought up the Turk subject.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 01:55 PM   #69
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post

The hypocritical Erdogan, who condemns the behaviour of Israel, whilst his own country has committed the murder and ethnic cleansing of other people. Invading and occupying lands that do not belong to the Turks.
The whole of Turkey is lands Invaded and occupied which didn't belong to the Turks, I'm not sure who the rightful ruler of the Eastern Roman empire is though.
Old 31-07-14, 06:44 PM   #70
EssexDave

Sean Hannity - A special kind of stupid. Even if you ignore the subject matter, Sean Hannity and the female thing on this show are ridiculous and do not deal with any of the issues...

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

http://youtu.be/_-4WtHWYfwo

Last edited by EssexDave; 31-07-14 at 08:22 PM.