SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 14-08-08, 06:19 AM   #691
chris7231

Default Re: Nurburgring 2008 (4th year!)

sure mate, i crash the bike - it's yours...
Old 14-08-08, 10:04 AM   #692
Dilligaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Just got back from Hastings............. with the bike in the back of a van.

That little electrical problem i had at Neils in Belgium bit me in the ass at Oxford services. I turned the engine on after having a slash and a coffee to let it warm a little. Then the revs and speedo went mad and the nuetral light dimmed. Every time i gave it some throttle it just blipped it a little. Anyway checked the fuse and connections etc. Then tried again, this time it worked fine. Started off the the motorway got to about 80 then it happened again and the throttle wasn't responding properely. Pulled over had some guy come and check it out (in the ****ing rain) only for him to get bored after about 5 minutes and just take me home.

All i can say is, thank god it didn't happen this badly in Belgium or at the ring.

That ****ty restrictor must have something to do with it.

Pat, from your description it sounds like the voltage regulator’s packed in, I had the same problem a while back, if it has, it’s fairly easy to check, and I’ve just PM’d you how. Good luck mate.
Old 15-08-08, 09:27 AM   #693
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

I fixed that problem. Took half the fairings off, lifted the tank to get to all the wires and check for corrosion etc only for it to turn back to complete working order when i simply pushed one of the main wiring connections together. Just a poor connection between the wires i think, i hope anyway.

So, if the weathers good, i may be seeing some of you again at Marches Meander on Sunday???
Old 15-08-08, 09:29 AM   #694
chris7231

God that's lucky! I haaatee electrical faults!