SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 09-05-20, 07:52 PM   #7011
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Wow, you are getting bored! Sounds more like the electronics in the Pentax are scrap, you could try posting on the Pentax forum though. Have you got a service manual for it? I downloaded one from
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manual...icemanuals.htm
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 07:55 PM   #7012
Kenzie

Besides housework there isn't much to do. Never been cooped up this long before! Hopefully be back to work soon, or at least able to go further than Tesco! I may or may not bother with the Super A, my tolerance for electronics is low. Got an Olympus OM101 that powers up and the focus works but it won't load film.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 08:09 PM   #7013
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

If I could only keep one of my cameras, it would have to be the Super A. Partly sentimental, as I've had it since about 1998, but mainly because it does everything I can think you'd want for a manual focus camera.
Old 09-05-20, 08:10 PM   #7014
Kenzie

I'll send it your way then! Tbh I think it's probably dead. It's claiming low battery on ones I know are good.
Old 09-05-20, 08:35 PM   #7015
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Don't bother, I'm useless with electronics!
Old 09-05-20, 09:15 PM   #7016
Kenzie

You've got a big enough pile to get through anyway don't you?
Old 10-05-20, 08:47 AM   #7017
Kenzie

Something a bit different for the Zeiss man

https://pacificrimcamera.com/pp/ziergo.htm
Old 10-05-20, 09:35 AM   #7018
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Ha, nice! Yeah, I was looking at the list. I'm going to have a look at my Olympus S and try to fix the wobbly barrel. It seems to be between the focus ring and the plate that attaches it all to the body. It's the same sort of construction as a lot of Japanese RFs. I have a Beauty Lightomatic in bits (many and not all bits) so had a look at that and the focus bit seems to be part of the plate, a single piece, so after much poking I will need to peel the leatherette back and take off the plate. Not looking forward to it, I'm a bit worried I'll wreck something, but it's not going to get fixed otherwise. It almost suggests the plate is broken somehow. Anyway after that I'm thinking of the trinity of Super Silettes, which seem pretty simple cameras, got two with Solinars and one with Aoptar, and one case between them. I'd really like to work on my Contax II but I need to bone up first on what to do, and make sure I'll have plenty of time available.
Old 10-05-20, 09:38 AM   #7019
Kenzie

Don't you have the Fujica and Durst Automatica as well? I think I've almost caught up with my to do list, I do have a Yashica Sequelle to look at but I doubt I can get it to work again. I put up another shelf to display my Polaroid cameras

Last edited by Kenzie; 10-05-20 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-05-20, 03:16 PM   #7020
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Fujica needs the shutter shimming, the Dursts are working - one for me, one to sell, and a third one that's only for parts. No cheap fixer-uppers of those at the moment though. I've got folding Contina and Ikonta 35mm in need of CLA, also it would be nice to see to the stiff gubbins under the bottom plate of my Contessa 35, I do wonder if just a blast of something slippery would be good enough as I suspect there are a lot of parts under there. Also got a Pentax MX with slow shutter curtains, Minolta AL needing a new RF mirror, and a very rough Certo Super Sport Dolly that is missing the eyepiece lens for either the VF or RF, and the shutter leaves pop out if you fire it on top speed, not sure why, I just bagged it when I saw it.
The old Polaroids are a lot better looking than the more modern ones, with the possible exception of the one that looks like it's made of space Lego.