SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-06, 09:05 PM   #701
Peter Henry

Traction control? Does Toseland have any? That bike was bucking like a wild bronco all over the place. Some great skill to keep it together at times.

Old 27-06-06, 09:06 PM   #702
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Traction control? Does Toseland have any? That bike was bucking like a wild bronco all over the place. Some great skill to keep it together at times.
Not at the moment no. Honda have said they wont run it on a WSB / BSB bike as they dont agree with it in that series.

However I think I read in MCN last week that they have done a U turn on this and that JT might be getting it soon.

I think..

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 27-06-06, 10:39 PM   #703
Jelster

Eurosport said that it wasn't ready (or working well enough) so Toseland refuses to run it, but it may be ready for Brands....

And Pete, you're starting to sound jealous again mate . And as you failed to make a recourse, do I sense that you are starting to understand my point of view ?

(now that was a really stupid question......)

Old 28-06-06, 07:38 PM   #704
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Traction control is rapidly becoming a "must have"for WSB as JT is finding out.He works wonders against the opposition who have it,but his tyres can't stand the punishment for a whole race.Traction control gives the rider the ability to wind it on early without ripping up the rear tyre.
I'd like to see it banned completely so rider skill becomes paramount,or we risk going down the formula one route to boredom.
Old 28-06-06, 08:50 PM   #705
Peter Henry

BB...Sounds like you yearn for the halcyon days of the unceremonious high side!

I have to suggest that traction control on road bikes would in my mind be a great safety/fun feature. :P

Old 28-06-06, 08:57 PM   #706
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
BB...Sounds like you yearn for the halcyon days of the unceremonious high side!
As do I. Ban all the electronic gubbins now before its to late.

Edwards has given Hayden a good pasting in the press. Edwards reckons Hayden is only fast when he is following somebody.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 29-06-06, 08:04 AM   #707
Peter Henry

I can understand Colin passing such a comment,but cast your mind back to Laguna Seca last year? Hayden went like a rocket from the line to flag. Granted he knows that circuit well.

I would suggest that being second man in a race is the much better position if it is a close run thing. You have your target in front of you and can study and wait for your passing move. Being the leader your trying to push the pace but always being wary that someone else is right there with you.

Second is a pretty good strategy for me.

Old 29-06-06, 09:27 AM   #708
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

PH---I'd agree with you on that stategy,but most racers think the opposite.The best ones seem to like to get to the front and control the race from there.Maybe that is why you and I do what we do and Rossi and co are pretty good at racing bikes round a track.
Old 29-06-06, 09:37 AM   #709
SVeeedy Gonzales

Quote:
I have to suggest that traction control on road bikes would in my mind be a great safety/fun feature. :P
Only if we can adjust the performance between "safe" and "leave double darkies on the exit from every corner". Sadly It'll be stuck on the former setting when it gets through to road bikes. Until someone hacks into it and makes it adjustable without the consent of the manufacturer.

I'd expect Hayden to win at Laguna Seca every time - isn't it the only GP that's run on a left handed track? The very tracks where Hayden learned, and one which he has lots of experience at whilst the other riders have only ridden there once. Even the head of Honda Racing has gone down somewhere of saying they "expect more from Nicky than a Laguna Seca win" this year. Hayden has a huge advantage there.

Old 29-06-06, 09:38 AM   #710
Peter Henry

BB...I know Valentino can break many a race by zipping away from the field. But he does have a long record and seems to favour stalking until the last few laps.

Therefore there might be hope for you and I mate! :P

Closed Thread