SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 11-10-20, 08:38 PM   #7321
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Looks nice in the new grundies. I missed out on the Praktica lot, I'm not much of a fan having seen a BX20, but maybe the earlier ones are better. Finished the Lubitel, glad it's going to go. It's a pig to focus, not very ergonomic, none of the glass is coated, I can only assume there aren't any light leaks. Considering how crude it is, almost all the five speeds came in on the money, except 1/125 which is 1/80. the speed ring has steps on it so you can't just set the dial a bit higher and find the right speed, and I couldn't be bothered to open it up again and file it down, the 60 and 250 are sufficiently far away that it's not like you've got two speeds that are quite similar. Collimation was pretty easy really, but as with other TLRs the tripod socket is on the film door so you can't use that when collimating. So, maybe I'll fix the lens on the K1000 next, and I might check out the lens on the MX, it's something like a 35-80mm zoom, if it fits in the Pentax case of the K1000 and which combo is going to get the best price.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 08:47 PM   #7322
Kenzie

Somebody got a good deal, there was a Flektogon in that lot. I do have a Praktica B100 but I'll probably donate it as it just doesn't do it for me. I haven't tried to collimate a tlr as yet, can only just get by with doing one lens! I gave away an OM10 and Trip 35 on one of the Facebook groups, they were heading for the charity shop anyway.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 08:30 PM   #7323
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I still have the two Ikoflexes to see to, but they're a way down the list, for one I need some sort of special tool to undo a screw, and I don't know how to collimate either of them. I think I was planning to keep one of them, but I've forgotten which, they're both ornaments for now. I cleaned up the 50mm lens on the K1000 and the 38-70 on the MX, both were pretty straightforward. The 50mm will have to stay with the K1000 as the other is too big for the case. Would be nice to have a better lens on the MX but who knows, maybe something will turn up, I'm not in a rush as the CLA will be a bit of a job.

You'll laugh, my daughter ( said she wanted me to show her how to fix one of these. Two of the Super Silettes I have are identical, so when she's feeling up to it we could do that side by side, they're not too complicated, except that to get the shutter off the body you have to remove the top and bottom plates, to then remove the front plate, and then you can detach the shutter.
Old 12-10-20, 08:45 PM   #7324
Kenzie

Pretty cool that your daughter is taking an interest in your hobby. The OM10 I donated was to be used by his daughter. You could probably pick up a 50mm f1.7/f2 for next to nothing off ebay. Might even be able to score an MV with a lens for cheap. I've got a spare f2 kicking around but the rest element has been marked by fungus. I finally managed to find a Tasco 7800 binocular/ 110 camera. It's the first model so had a fixed shutter speed of 1/125, comes with a case too. https://www.collectorsweekly.com/sto...947-tasco-7800
Old 12-10-20, 09:07 PM   #7325
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

That's a beast isn't it! Never heard of it. What's the 35mm equivalent of the 112mm lens? I presume it's pretty long as the film is small.

We've not been out shooting much, Ana and I, but we should when the autumn colours really appear, they're only just starting. I don't know how she'll be with repairs but you never know! She'd need a lot more practise I think with a digi camera before really embracing film, the delay in seeing the pictures is long for a kid, so by the time they do, they've forgotten all about what they were thinking when they were setting up the picture. The downside is that unless you have a big sensor, you can't do much with shallow DoF as the lenses are so short.
Old 13-10-20, 08:41 PM   #7326
Kenzie

I'm not sure what it works out to be, but from what I have read it produces best results when on a tripod. Just watching Crocodile Dundee 2 and trying to work out what cameras the tourists are using.
Old 16-10-20, 08:39 PM   #7327
Kenzie

Need one of these for the collection!
Old 16-10-20, 09:25 PM   #7328
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

What in the name of almighty Bob is that?
Old 16-10-20, 09:26 PM   #7329
Kenzie

Looks to be a Fairchild K20 4x5 aircraft camera.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 17-10-20, 09:02 AM   #7330
Kenzie

I did manage to finish off a roll of film in the Pentax P30 yesterday. Not a bad camera to use, has full auto or aperture priority, only real gripe with it is the loud mirror.