SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 17-10-20, 09:55 AM   #7331
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

The local camera shop has quite a few aircraft cameras on display. There were quite a few WW2 airfields around this area. I've taken a few random photos of nothing special over the last couple of weeks. Desperately trying to finish off a film in the Spotmatic.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 10:20 AM   #7332
Kenzie

This might be the only film I shoot this year. How are things where you are? Are they putting restrictions in place?

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 03:46 PM   #7333
yokohama

I'm lucky where we are, a fairly big, mostly rural county. I can't keep track of all the restrictions and changes but I think it's a low level at the moment.
I've taken very few photos this year. and have been out much less. If you remember, I bought the M43 lumix 35-100 f2.8 in anticipation of 2 trips to China that never happened so apart from testing it out, I've not used it.
I decided to finish off the Spotmatic film today though it was pretty dull and autumnal.. Frame counter showing 22 so I thought it would be quick, but it kept winding and winding until I realised it had a 36 exposure film in and not a 24. I haven't really enjoyed using the camera. Maybe it's the stop down metering or maybe I don't trust the meter but it hasn't done anything for me. If the results are nothing special, I'll move it on.

So, off to Sandersons with 5 films to develop only to discover the don't process B&W any more so I'll have to send them off. However, they did have a load of expired film at £2.50 a roll and this .....

I don't really need it but as a Minolta fanboy, it was hard to resist and working at home since March has saved me a fortune in commuting costs so I went for it.
Not seen one of these before but a quick google says it's a variant of the Himatic s series.
Old 17-10-20, 03:53 PM   #7334
Kenzie

I've not seen that one before. Is it a zone focus or fixed focus? I popped into town to get a roll of film from the P30 developed but my local Boots has got rid of its processing lab and our Jessops has shut down. I'll either have to suck up nearly a tenner for one roll or wait until I have a few to run.

Old 17-10-20, 08:08 PM   #7335
yokohama

It's a zone focus, a bit like the Trip 35 with the 1 head/2 head/mountain symbols on the lens barrel and in the viewfinder. Powered by 2 AA batteries, which is weird but I guess it's for the pop up flash.
Not many on ebay and they are all from Japanese sellers, maybe why we haven't seen it before. Looking at the sold prices, I won't make a loss if I sell it on.
Trying to find B&W processing locally and at a good price isn't easy. Closest place in Stockton has stopped doing B&W. Next cheapest place I can find in Leeds is £11 a roll. This could push me towards processing my own.
Old 17-10-20, 08:17 PM   #7336
Kenzie

Try Snaps in Bournemouth, probably only £3.50 a roll. Been using them for years. I am actually looking at getting a Jobo developing set up to do my own C41.

Old 17-10-20, 09:16 PM   #7337
yokohama

Cheers. I'll have a look at Snaps
Old 17-10-20, 09:24 PM   #7338
Kenzie

Plus return post obviously. They do 110, 127, 120, 35mm and APS.

Old 17-10-20, 09:50 PM   #7339
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I had to LOL (excuse the vernacular, let's face it Howard, you and I are hardly in LOL territory) about the 36exp film. I still have a Spotmatic that someone hasn't picked up, I did contact her the other day. I was musing on stop down metering and yes it's not so friendly but they have done a reasonable job on the SP500, not that I've used it, but open aperture is definitely the way to go. What lens has it got? This one has a 55mm f2 Takumar plus cheap 28mm and 135mm to make the full set. I also need to finish a film or two. By the way, the advice I had for dull days was overexpose and think about tighter rather than wider shots. Not really tried it out though.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 10:05 PM   #7340
Kenzie

I actually wasted ten frames on a roll because I loaded 36 but thought it was a 24. I shoot mostly Agfa Vista 24 and outright forgot as I didn't put a reminder on the camera.